VX-770

Diana

I have been following this drug trial for a while now and today this is the email I received and thought I would post it in case people hadn't yet heard.

"Dear Friend,

We have exciting news. Earlier today, we announced promising results from an early Phase 2 study of VX-770, an oral compound developed in collaboration with Vertex Pharmaceuticals that targets a basic defect in cystic fibrosis.

Patients who took the drug showed significant improvement in several key CF measures, including lung function, nasal potential difference measurements, and sweat chloride levels.

The findings suggest that VX-770 improves function of the faulty CFTR protein. This data represents the most exciting results we've seen from a Phase 2 trial, and it increases our confidence that we're on the right track.

This is the first time that any potential therapy has improved the abnormal sweat chloride (salt) levels in a person with CF. Excessive sweat chloride is a key clinical indicator of cystic fibrosis.

To learn more about this important development, please visit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's Web site to read questions and answers, our news story, and the announcements issued by the Foundation and Vertex Pharmaceuticals.

There are many potential therapies in development. If you are interested in participating in other clinical trials that could help us advance new therapies for CF, click here. Or, call (877) 8CF-JOIN.

I have never been more optimistic about the road we are on to develop new therapies for cystic fibrosis. It is because of all the work and support of everyone in the CF community that we can make this announcement today.

Thank you for all you are doing to help bring us closer to a cure.

Sincerely yours,

Robert J. Beall, Ph.D.
President and CEO
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
6931 Arlington Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
(800) FIGHT CF
E-mail: info@cff.org
Web: www.cff.org
Find your local chapter"

YAY!

Diana

I have been following this drug trial for a while now and today this is the email I received and thought I would post it in case people hadn't yet heard.

"Dear Friend,

We have exciting news. Earlier today, we announced promising results from an early Phase 2 study of VX-770, an oral compound developed in collaboration with Vertex Pharmaceuticals that targets a basic defect in cystic fibrosis.

Patients who took the drug showed significant improvement in several key CF measures, including lung function, nasal potential difference measurements, and sweat chloride levels.

The findings suggest that VX-770 improves function of the faulty CFTR protein. This data represents the most exciting results we've seen from a Phase 2 trial, and it increases our confidence that we're on the right track.

This is the first time that any potential therapy has improved the abnormal sweat chloride (salt) levels in a person with CF. Excessive sweat chloride is a key clinical indicator of cystic fibrosis.

To learn more about this important development, please visit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's Web site to read questions and answers, our news story, and the announcements issued by the Foundation and Vertex Pharmaceuticals.

There are many potential therapies in development. If you are interested in participating in other clinical trials that could help us advance new therapies for CF, click here. Or, call (877) 8CF-JOIN.

I have never been more optimistic about the road we are on to develop new therapies for cystic fibrosis. It is because of all the work and support of everyone in the CF community that we can make this announcement today.

Sincerely yours,

Robert J. Beall, Ph.D.
President and CEO
6931 Arlington Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
(800) FIGHT CF
Find your local chapter"

YAY!

Diana

"Dear Friend,

Sincerely yours,

Robert J. Beall, Ph.D.
President and CEO
6931 Arlington Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
(800) FIGHT CF
Find your local chapter"

YAY!

Diana

"Dear Friend,

Sincerely yours,

Robert J. Beall, Ph.D.
President and CEO
6931 Arlington Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
(800) FIGHT CF
Find your local chapter"

YAY!

Diana

<br />
<br />"Dear Friend,
<br />
<br />We have exciting news. Earlier today, we announced promising results from an early Phase 2 study of VX-770, an oral compound developed in collaboration with Vertex Pharmaceuticals that targets a basic defect in cystic fibrosis.
<br />
<br />Patients who took the drug showed significant improvement in several key CF measures, including lung function, nasal potential difference measurements, and sweat chloride levels.
<br />
<br />The findings suggest that VX-770 improves function of the faulty CFTR protein. This data represents the most exciting results we've seen from a Phase 2 trial, and it increases our confidence that we're on the right track.
<br />
<br />This is the first time that any potential therapy has improved the abnormal sweat chloride (salt) levels in a person with CF. Excessive sweat chloride is a key clinical indicator of cystic fibrosis.
<br />
<br />To learn more about this important development, please visit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's Web site to read questions and answers, our news story, and the announcements issued by the Foundation and Vertex Pharmaceuticals.
<br />
<br />There are many potential therapies in development. If you are interested in participating in other clinical trials that could help us advance new therapies for CF, click here. Or, call (877) 8CF-JOIN.
<br />
<br />I have never been more optimistic about the road we are on to develop new therapies for cystic fibrosis. It is because of all the work and support of everyone in the CF community that we can make this announcement today.
<br />
<br />Thank you for all you are doing to help bring us closer to a cure.
<br />
<br />Sincerely yours,
<br />
<br />Robert J. Beall, Ph.D.
<br />President and CEO
<br />Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
<br />6931 Arlington Road
<br />Bethesda, MD 20814
<br />(800) FIGHT CF
<br />E-mail: info@cff.org
<br />Web: www.cff.org
<br />Find your local chapter"
<br />
<br />YAY!
<br />
<br />

sheanna

*smile*

Let's hope this one works out! I am always afraid they are going to be terminated in phase II, but it looks like this one made it through. Lets hope it makes it to phase III!

sheanna

*smile*

Let's hope this one works out! I am always afraid they are going to be terminated in phase II, but it looks like this one made it through. Lets hope it makes it to phase III!

sheanna

*smile*

sheanna

*smile*

sheanna

*smile*
<br />
<br />Let's hope this one works out! I am always afraid they are going to be terminated in phase II, but it looks like this one made it through. Lets hope it makes it to phase III!
<br />
<br />