Want to donate VEST

242wuu

Same here...not able to respond to private messages.... Private message me and leave your email, perhaps? I will reply. Thanks,

TomS

If your insurance won't pay for a new vest system, look up AffordableMedEquipment.com, that is where we got ours from, with a warranty. Cost $ 3000, had 1 hours of use on it.

TomS

You should NEVER buy any used medical equipment unless it has been completely and professionally sterilized.

Printer

I outgrew a vest. I talked to the head RP at the CF Center and asked if he could use it. He was very happy to receieve it. I don't know if he kept it or if he found a good home for it.

Bill

keeleyhearn

I too have a vest that I would like to donate. My son passed away 8 years ago from CF. He was 20yr. old. He never liked his vest, and never used it. It only has a couple of hours logged on it. It's been hanging in the closet for the past 10 years. I called the company and they told me that because it was a prescription item, it couldn't be donated. They wanted me to give it back to them. I guess so that they could resell it. The health insurance company doesn't want it. I hate to see this go to waste. I've been waiting to hear of someone local who might need it, but have yet to find anyone. Any suggestions?
~Karen~

I have been desperately searching for a vest for the past 2 years, I miracously after 7 long years of treatment was able to have my miracle child Kyra Rose, I was told that because of my CF and diabetis this would be impossible and I refused to give up and would do whatever it took, and of course am paying the price for my gift (and would pay it 20 thousand times over again for her) Unfortunately as great as the medical care is here in Spain, the vest is NOT an option as they simply do not have a single supplier for it, it has to be shipped from the states. I am been trying to find one that would make it possible for me to afford it, plus shipping it over here. would be curious to know if this would be an option for me. My daughter is now 3 years old and i am enjoying every precious second with her, I believe she the whole reason for me still being here, and fully intend to be here for her for many more years. Kyra and me beat a million odds so anything else is a piece of cake lol.
Do you think we see how much and if it would be feesable to have it shipped to Spain?
Tho if its a lot of hassle I understand too, I mean it´s hardly "local" hahaha
Hope to hear from you, and wherever it goes to, all of you that decide to donate a vest to others is just awsome!
love from Keeley
(cfer double delta, Diabetes, 31 y/o, mum to Kyra Rose)