We remember Jazzysmom. 5 years

Imogene

Administrator
Today is Mel’s five year anniversary…a perfect day to install the new Remembering page which can be found on the main website http://www.cysticfibrosis.com/remembering/ ! (Thanks Chris Baldwin for doing this important work)

Melissa joined cysticfibrosis.com in 1996. She was one of the first members. She welcomed many people over the thirteen years she was with us. Every day, Jazzysmom was our hospitality committee. (She broke up a few fights too!) She never lost the mission…her own inner kindness was a shining light to all who entered here.
I often took Melissa to doctors’ appointments at ST. Vincent’s in NYC. We had lots of laughs together. She is our foundation.
She defined empathy and what that means to all patient communities, before patient communities were a known space on the web.

She shared her life, her family, her dreams with us. On her 15,000th post, she died in our arms! Over 60,000 people keyed into cysticfibrosis.com that night: December 10th, 2009.

This prayer video is a memory from her 40th birthday party. Many of us were jubilant to attend.
She had dancing feet!
Melissa is our angel.

This is a beautiful space to remember and call forth her spirit.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
I think of dear Mel every day. By sharing herself, she gave us all a wonderful gift. Her 40th birthday celebration was indeed jubilant- the rose is still on my mirror to remind me.

triples15

Super Moderator
A shining light indeed! And wow, 15,000 posts?! I shouldn't be surprised, I think in my early days on this site Melissa responded to almost every one of my posts. I remember how welcome here she made me feel. :)

Really hard to believe she's been gone 5 years. Her spirit and memory live on!

Thanks Jeanne!

Autumn

mamaScarlett

I remember her kindness as I was a new patient at old St. Vincent's, getting settled in my room for my very first stay there. She was always very sweet, to everyone. As was her adorable little girl who is likely growing into a lovely young woman now! I will always remember Melissa's kindness. Best wishes to her family and to dear Jazmine.

D

dyzaman

I used to think that the site was never the same after Mel passed. I was wrong, it wasn't the site that changed it was all that knew her, we changed.
To think I would get up in the middle of the night to have a wee talk with Mel, and everyone else, I miss her so much

Craig