Wellbutrin?

kittencaitlin

Anyone on Wellbutrin?

Am just starting my research and have yet to ask my dr. Haven't found much online other than a few random things talking about CFRD. Curious to hear other people's experiences, if any.

thnx

B

BikerEd

Honestly, I went crazy on it, mood swings and all. I actually grounded my daughter for rolling the dice off the board when playing monoply, and as my wife was calming my daughter down, I began crying at a candybar commercial. She called the doc that night and I was immedately taken off it. But, that does not happen to everybody.

Best of luck

Ed

J

jamest

I've been taking it for a few years, no side effects, it is definitely helpful.

kittencaitlin

Ha wow thanks. Ed, sorry to hear it didn't work! I guess you just never know.

Thanks Jamest - are you on a lot of other meds? No side effects?

J

jamest

Other depression meds? Nope.

You will want to find a psychiatrist who will work with you to find the right meds/dose. You can try a few things, and keep what works. You will hopefully discover any negative interactions quickly.

H

hammerpocket

I've been on it (actually generic Bupropion) for several years now. It has definitely had a positive effect on my life, both in reducing depression and improving my general mood. I have not experienced any ill effects that I attribute to Wellbutrin.

lilmac1177

Wellbutrin = the devil!

i was on it many several years ago and it started out working well but eventually i had my first, and one of the worst, panic attack(s) i've ever had!! i didn't know it at the time, didn't even know i was suffering from anxiety/depression, but now having been diagnosed w/ exactly that and looking back, that's exactly what it was...

running4life

I've been on Lexapro 20 mg for a year and it has greatly improved my anxiety and depression. While I have learned to better cope with my anxiety and depression through behavior modification, I do believe that anti depressants are definitely needed because we sometimes cannot even think straight to adapt healthy coping mechanisms. Good luck to you and I'm proud you are not ashamed to ask for help!