went to first evaluation

Mathews

My lung transplant was in March 1992. I don't worry about statistics, I just live each day to the fullest.

Mathews

My lung transplant was in March 1992. I don't worry about statistics, I just live each day to the fullest.

Mathews

Mathews

Mathews

EnergyGal

Wow you have received beautiful advice.

Ditch the boyfriend. Make sure after your transplant when you are ready to rock the town in your new beautiful lungs all fixed up to the nines, you know where he will be and just walk on by and just , you fool!! On second thought, I would not want to see the poor soul ever again. There will be plenty of other nice and mature guys to meet and hopefully you will find that special man one day.

I hope you have the courage to walk away from a loser who cannot accept life for what it is all about. There are always ups and downs in life. If he will stick by you, then he is worth it.

I would not even want him if he changes his mind. He sounds like a big baby to me.

There will be a ton of other guys who will be there for you. My advice is to FOCUS on you and how you will stay strong for your new future. If you decide a transplant is for you no matter what the outcome will be, then go for it.

There are no guarantees in life. I had ten good years with my first set of lungs and now I am on my second set. I am doing amazingnly well and looking better than ever and feeling oh so great!!

We are here for you

EnergyGal

Ditch the boyfriend. Make sure after your transplant when you are ready to rock the town in your new beautiful lungs all fixed up to the nines, you know where he will be and just walk on by and just , you fool!! On second thought, I would not want to see the poor soul ever again. There will be plenty of other nice and mature guys to meet and hopefully you will find that special man one day.

I hope you have the courage to walk away from a loser who cannot accept life for what it is all about. There are always ups and downs in life. If he will stick by you, then he is worth it.

I would not even want him if he changes his mind. He sounds like a big baby to me.

There will be a ton of other guys who will be there for you. My advice is to FOCUS on you and how you will stay strong for your new future. If you decide a transplant is for you no matter what the outcome will be, then go for it.

There are no guarantees in life. I had ten good years with my first set of lungs and now I am on my second set. I am doing amazingnly well and looking better than ever and feeling oh so great!!

We are here for you

EnergyGal

We are here for you

EnergyGal

We are here for you

EnergyGal

We are here for you

haleybabe3843

Thank you all for the advice. I think he is just scared to death and not mature enough to handle something to this extreme. I will never forget his reaction but he has been there for me in the past so i have to give him a second chance. I didnt realize that you can get a second set of lungs, and i dont think he realizes that either.

haleybabe3843

Thank you all for the advice. I think he is just scared to death and not mature enough to handle something to this extreme. I will never forget his reaction but he has been there for me in the past so i have to give him a second chance. I didnt realize that you can get a second set of lungs, and i dont think he realizes that either.

haleybabe3843

haleybabe3843

haleybabe3843

oldtimer1959

HI Haley

Hope things are going better with you guy. Please encourage him to se a chaplin or some counsulor on base.

And as for stats - well, if they were alwyas right I wouldn't be typing this right now - I wasn't suspossed to see 16. But I did & I've outlived that doctor. I'm also about to retire my 2nd doctor...but he's been saying that he is retiring for several years now.....

Stats are just figures. The first thing I was told in a statistics class at college was that stats will tell you whatever you want to knowif you tweak them right - they'll tell the 'truth' and they'll tell you lies.

Keep a good outlook and remember without a transplant you may not even have close to 5 years - enjoy every day you have and keep yourself as healthy as possible - and go for the transplant. None of us have guarentees on how long we'll be walking this earth.

oldtimer1959

HI Haley

Hope things are going better with you guy. Please encourage him to se a chaplin or some counsulor on base.

And as for stats - well, if they were alwyas right I wouldn't be typing this right now - I wasn't suspossed to see 16. But I did & I've outlived that doctor. I'm also about to retire my 2nd doctor...but he's been saying that he is retiring for several years now.....

Stats are just figures. The first thing I was told in a statistics class at college was that stats will tell you whatever you want to knowif you tweak them right - they'll tell the 'truth' and they'll tell you lies.

Keep a good outlook and remember without a transplant you may not even have close to 5 years - enjoy every day you have and keep yourself as healthy as possible - and go for the transplant. None of us have guarentees on how long we'll be walking this earth.

oldtimer1959

HI Haley

oldtimer1959

HI Haley

oldtimer1959

HI Haley