What do I give her for allergies?

L

Lety

My 7 year old daughter is having terrible allergies. Her nose is completely congested. I know she is allergic to pollen and several other things. What is it safe to give her? In the past we used Benadryl and seemed to work but this time around didn't do much for her. I want to try Claritin but I am not sure if it is safe. The ingredient is Loratadine. Could someone tell me if this is a safe medicine to give kids with CF? Thanks

Ashland

My daughter uses allegra and that seems to work great. She has allergies and nose polyps and this seems to be the best one for her.

W

welshwitch

Sudafed has always worked for me! I have taken it since I was a kid. Sudafed Plus :)

Melissa75

Administrator
Singulair4mg (prescription pill that can eliminate the need for everything else I'll list)
nasonex (nose)
neil med sinus wash, kid size
Bepreve (eye)
allegra

close windows, wash hands when coming in from outside, shower before bed

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Check with your doctor -- I believe Sudafed and Benadryl are no-nos due to issues with drying. DS was put on zyrtec when he had an allergic reaction as a baby. Currently he uses a nasal steroid spray -- (nasonex or Flonase) due to inflammation of his sinuses.

Justinsmama

Hi,

We were told that Justin can use clariton a day or two, but no more because of the drying. Our doc said that if the allergies are not bothering the child a lot, best not to use. We use Singulair 5mg and were told to use saline to rinse out the irritants.

Hope this helps and thank youf or all of your advice.