What do you wear in the hostpital?

Cojean62

I wear shorts and a t-shirt. When I get cold I wear my Marching Band hoodie. I try staying away from tight fitting cloths.

MiniBlind89

I hate gowns. I like to feel like I am not at the hospital so I wear my basketball shorts and a tshirt. but i also have my share of pj pants.

MiniBlind89

I hate gowns. I like to feel like I am not at the hospital so I wear my basketball shorts and a tshirt. but i also have my share of pj pants.

MiniBlind89

theLostMiler

aww, Im honestly kinda bummed no one commented about my boob story... obviously we are exposed a lot in the hospital, but that story is just so funny to me haha

theLostMiler

aww, Im honestly kinda bummed no one commented about my boob story... obviously we are exposed a lot in the hospital, but that story is just so funny to me haha

theLostMiler

CFkitty

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>ej0820</b></i> I usually just wear a camisole under a regular tank or tshirt with a zip up hoodie and pj pants or sweats. I don't wear regular bras b/c I ALWAYS end up having a chest xray done the day I do, lol. Then it gets all awkward having to take my bra off while my shirt is still on and then just carry it back to my room...no thanks! I think it's a little more comfortable wearing the camisoles, too, b/c I'm not wearing a bra yet still feel supported. I also only wear jeans the day I go home. While I don't actually get dressed and make myself look good however,<strong> I do have a weird thing about making all of my tank-and-pj pants combos match...it makes me feel a little better about myself while I'm just bumming around a hospital room feeling otherwise icky. I guess my thought is, while everything relating to my health and body is in the crapshoot, at least my outfit matches!</strong> lol.

</end quote></div>

I do this, too! I coordinate everything. It makes me feel a bit more "normal". I've worn out the zippers on several hoodies, so I need to replace a few. I find the ones at Target really comfortable, and the material isn't too heavy. My sweating really affects my clothing choices.

CFkitty

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>ej0820</b></i> I usually just wear a camisole under a regular tank or tshirt with a zip up hoodie and pj pants or sweats. I don't wear regular bras b/c I ALWAYS end up having a chest xray done the day I do, lol. Then it gets all awkward having to take my bra off while my shirt is still on and then just carry it back to my room...no thanks! I think it's a little more comfortable wearing the camisoles, too, b/c I'm not wearing a bra yet still feel supported. I also only wear jeans the day I go home. While I don't actually get dressed and make myself look good however,<strong> I do have a weird thing about making all of my tank-and-pj pants combos match...it makes me feel a little better about myself while I'm just bumming around a hospital room feeling otherwise icky. I guess my thought is, while everything relating to my health and body is in the crapshoot, at least my outfit matches!</strong> lol.

</end quote>

I do this, too! I coordinate everything. It makes me feel a bit more "normal". I've worn out the zippers on several hoodies, so I need to replace a few. I find the ones at Target really comfortable, and the material isn't too heavy. My sweating really affects my clothing choices.

CFkitty

<p><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>ej0820</b></i> I usually just wear a camisole under a regular tank or tshirt with a zip up hoodie and pj pants or sweats. I don't wear regular bras b/c I ALWAYS end up having a chest xray done the day I do, lol. Then it gets all awkward having to take my bra off while my shirt is still on and then just carry it back to my room...no thanks! I think it's a little more comfortable wearing the camisoles, too, b/c I'm not wearing a bra yet still feel supported. I also only wear jeans the day I go home. While I don't actually get dressed and make myself look good however,<strong> I do have a weird thing about making all of my tank-and-pj pants combos match...it makes me feel a little better about myself while I'm just bumming around a hospital room feeling otherwise icky. I guess my thought is, while everything relating to my health and body is in the crapshoot, at least my outfit matches!</strong> lol.
<p>
<p></end quote>
<p>
<p>I do this, too! I coordinate everything. It makes me feel a bit more "normal". I've worn out the zippers on several hoodies, so I need to replace a few. I find the ones at Target really comfortable, and the material isn't too heavy. My sweating really affects my clothing choices.

tlcquiltnut

I wear scrub pants, and a t shirt. I get cold so have a robe handy for that. I like pj's so I get them on sale and have nice ones for the hospital. Gotta sleep in style you know...lol...OH I don't need a bra so don't wear one....ever.....lol

tlcquiltnut

I wear scrub pants, and a t shirt. I get cold so have a robe handy for that. I like pj's so I get them on sale and have nice ones for the hospital. Gotta sleep in style you know...lol...OH I don't need a bra so don't wear one....ever.....lol

tlcquiltnut

<p>I wear scrub pants, and a t shirt. I get cold so have a robe handy for that. I like pj's so I get them on sale and have nice ones for the hospital. Gotta sleep in style you know...lol...<p>OH I don't need a bra so don't wear one....ever.....lol

imported_Momto2

I guess I'm the odd one out. I always wear hospital johnies. One worn the regular way, the second as a robe. It keeps me warm enough w/o overheating. Besides, I dont know about anyone else, but a hospital is the WORST place for an adult getting sleep, good nutrition, and healing. At least for me. I get out fast, quicker than you can say HOMEIVNOWDARNIT!

imported_Momto2

I guess I'm the odd one out. I always wear hospital johnies. One worn the regular way, the second as a robe. It keeps me warm enough w/o overheating. Besides, I dont know about anyone else, but a hospital is the WORST place for an adult getting sleep, good nutrition, and healing. At least for me. I get out fast, quicker than you can say HOMEIVNOWDARNIT!

imported_Momto2

ManFromDublin

<br>i wear nothin.trust me it works.nobody comes in and disturbs you every five minutes.they will send a psychiatrist up at some point.pay no attention.continue to wear nothing. 

ManFromDublin

<br>i wear nothin.trust me it works.nobody comes in and disturbs you every five minutes.they will send a psychiatrist up at some point.pay no attention.continue to wear nothing.

ManFromDublin

<p><br>i wear nothin.<p>trust me it works.<p>nobody comes in and disturbs you every five minutes.<p>they will send a psychiatrist up at some point.<p>pay no attention.<p>continue to wear nothing.<p>

JustDucky

LOL!! When I was a practicing nurse, I had a patient who was adamant about remaining completely nude during his stay (he was actually one of the doctors who practiced at the hospital!). You are right, Dublinman, disturbances were kept at a minimum hehehe. You just didn't know what you would find upon entering the room, I always knocked really hard to make sure he heard me so that he could throw a sheet over himself before I entered to do my assessment, give meds, etc....
As to what I wear, I wear the hospital's jonnies.....I sweat profusely, I would much rather mess up their stuff than mine...besides, I am usually in the ICU with all kinds of lines and monitors, regular clothing would definitely get in the way. Maybe I should try the naked bit so that I can get a decent night's sleep lol!!!
Jenn 39 w/CF