What do you wear in the hostpital?

JustDucky

LOL!! When I was a practicing nurse, I had a patient who was adamant about remaining completely nude during his stay (he was actually one of the doctors who practiced at the hospital!). You are right, Dublinman, disturbances were kept at a minimum hehehe. You just didn't know what you would find upon entering the room, I always knocked really hard to make sure he heard me so that he could throw a sheet over himself before I entered to do my assessment, give meds, etc....
As to what I wear, I wear the hospital's jonnies.....I sweat profusely, I would much rather mess up their stuff than mine...besides, I am usually in the ICU with all kinds of lines and monitors, regular clothing would definitely get in the way. Maybe I should try the naked bit so that I can get a decent night's sleep lol!!!
Jenn 39 w/CF

JustDucky

LOL!! When I was a practicing nurse, I had a patient who was adamant about remaining completely nude during his stay (he was actually one of the doctors who practiced at the hospital!). You are right, Dublinman, disturbances were kept at a minimum hehehe. You just didn't know what you would find upon entering the room, I always knocked really hard to make sure he heard me so that he could throw a sheet over himself before I entered to do my assessment, give meds, etc....
<br />As to what I wear, I wear the hospital's jonnies.....I sweat profusely, I would much rather mess up their stuff than mine...besides, I am usually in the ICU with all kinds of lines and monitors, regular clothing would definitely get in the way. Maybe I should try the naked bit so that I can get a decent night's sleep lol!!!
<br />Jenn 39 w/CF

nmw0615

I'm like most people here. I bring sweats, pjs, t-shirts and camisoles. I also usually end up bring a couple of "nicer" outfits for the days when I want to feel normal, so I ca wear actual clothing, and I usually end up putting on a little makeup and doing something with my hair. It's my little pick-me-up when I have to be in for a couple weeks.

nmw0615

I'm like most people here. I bring sweats, pjs, t-shirts and camisoles. I also usually end up bring a couple of "nicer" outfits for the days when I want to feel normal, so I ca wear actual clothing, and I usually end up putting on a little makeup and doing something with my hair. It's my little pick-me-up when I have to be in for a couple weeks.

nmw0615

mamerth

Yoga pants, loose t-shirt is my uniform of choice (or and no slip socks). The hospital gives me a new pair of no slip socks each time I visit. I like to be fully dressed when I walk the halls..... they insist I get up and walk every few hours. Hubby usually cut my hair short every tune up so that I have wash and go hair. When I go home I am too bloated from all the fluids so I wear my best yoga pants and best t shirt. Hubby usually takes me out to eat on the way home so I like to look a little bit nice.

mamerth

Yoga pants, loose t-shirt is my uniform of choice (or and no slip socks). The hospital gives me a new pair of no slip socks each time I visit. I like to be fully dressed when I walk the halls..... they insist I get up and walk every few hours. Hubby usually cut my hair short every tune up so that I have wash and go hair. When I go home I am too bloated from all the fluids so I wear my best yoga pants and best t shirt. Hubby usually takes me out to eat on the way home so I like to look a little bit nice.

mamerth

IVWinchester79

<br>First, lmao at the boob story. My doc is female, but there are a lot of males on her team who come to check on me too. I would have died right there. I've woken up from bronchoscopies with my gown hanging off, so I still wonder what they saw, if they saw anything at all. I'm mortified. Second, ManFromDublin, not for any amount of money in the world. Lol. There would have to be a really good reason for me doing that. If I'm in the hospital, I just wear shorts, shirt, and socks or no socks if I have sandals. I have a sweater in case I'm cold, but that's never happened before. The only place I use it is when I'm going for PFT's, because that place is riddiculously cold, it should be illegal. I always get an X-ray the first or second day for the PICC, so I pretty much go the whole stay without a bra. When friends or family come and we decide to go hang at the nearby McDonalds or just walk around outside, I just put on shoes or sandles. I don't even bother hiding the PICC. It's weird, when I'm over there, I really don't care who sees it, but when I'm home, I hide it when I go somewhere. When I'm around the hospital, you can clearly see it in my arm. If I'm going for some procedure, I wear a gown. Only a gown. Nothing else. I hate it. I always feel like something's showing, even when it's not. Last time I was in there and had constipation issues, I did the same thing, I was afraid of getting... anything on my regular clothes. Hehheh. It was real awkward when they came to feel my stomach, I just covered my lower self with a blanket and clung on to it like it was my lifeline or something. And I wouldn't move to fix anything until they left. CPT was an even more horrifying experience. That blanket was my savior. Lol. I wore gowns when I was a kid, but I realized I could wear clothes, so I went for it!

IVWinchester79

<br>First, lmao at the boob story. My doc is female, but there are a lot of males on her team who come to check on me too. I would have died right there. I've woken up from bronchoscopies with my gown hanging off, so I still wonder what they saw, if they saw anything at all. I'm mortified.Second, ManFromDublin, not for any amount of money in the world. Lol. There would have to be a really good reason for me doing that.If I'm in the hospital, I just wear shorts, shirt, and socks or no socks if I have sandals. I have a sweater in case I'm cold, but that's never happened before. The only place I use it is when I'm going for PFT's, because that place is riddiculously cold, it should be illegal. I always get an X-ray the first or second day for the PICC, so I pretty much go the whole stay without a bra. When friends or family come and we decide to go hang at the nearby McDonalds or just walk around outside, I just put on shoes or sandles. I don't even bother hiding the PICC. It's weird, when I'm over there, I really don't care who sees it, but when I'm home, I hide it when I go somewhere. When I'm around the hospital, you can clearly see it in my arm. If I'm going for some procedure, I wear a gown. Only a gown. Nothing else. I hate it. I always feel like something's showing, even when it's not. Last time I was in there and had constipation issues, I did the same thing, I was afraid of getting... anything on my regular clothes. Hehheh. It was real awkward when they came to feel my stomach, I just covered my lower self with a blanket and clung on to it like it was my lifeline or something. And I wouldn't move to fix anything until they left. CPT was an even more horrifying experience. That blanket was my savior. Lol.I wore gowns when I was a kid, but I realized I could wear clothes, so I went for it!

IVWinchester79

<p><br>First, lmao at the boob story. My doc is female, but there are a lot of males on her team who come to check on me too. I would have died right there. I've woken up from bronchoscopies with my gown hanging off, so I still wonder what they saw, if they saw anything at all. I'm mortified.<p><p>Second, ManFromDublin, not for any amount of money in the world. Lol. There would have to be a really good reason for me doing that.<p><p>If I'm in the hospital, I just wear shorts, shirt, and socks or no socks if I have sandals. I have a sweater in case I'm cold, but that's never happened before. The only place I use it is when I'm going for PFT's, because that place is riddiculously cold, it should be illegal. I always get an X-ray the first or second day for the PICC, so I pretty much go the whole stay without a bra. When friends or family come and we decide to go hang at the nearby McDonalds or just walk around outside, I just put on shoes or sandles. I don't even bother hiding the PICC. It's weird, when I'm over there, I really don't care who sees it, but when I'm home, I hide it when I go somewhere. When I'm around the hospital, you can clearly see it in my arm. If I'm going for some procedure, I wear a gown. Only a gown. Nothing else. I hate it. I always feel like something's showing, even when it's not. Last time I was in there and had constipation issues, I did the same thing, I was afraid of getting... anything on my regular clothes. Hehheh. It was real awkward when they came to feel my stomach, I just covered my lower self with a blanket and clung on to it like it was my lifeline or something. And I wouldn't move to fix anything until they left. CPT was an even more horrifying experience. That blanket was my savior. Lol.<p><p>I wore gowns when I was a kid, but I realized I could wear clothes, so I went for it!