What is the most painful part of the transplant

Trizzanne74

pain, mine was painless.

hahaha JK.

I agree with the chest tubes, they were uncomfortable and my biggest complaint was having a hard time sleeping because I couldn't move to my sides. I had 7-8 tubes, more than the usual. I had some incisional pain, mainly when I had to cough (ugggh) and some shoulder pain. But nothing I couldn't or the medicine couldn't handle : ) I wasn't a big fan of the epidural though.

PS

Trizzanne74

pain, mine was painless.

hahaha JK.

I agree with the chest tubes, they were uncomfortable and my biggest complaint was having a hard time sleeping because I couldn't move to my sides. I had 7-8 tubes, more than the usual. I had some incisional pain, mainly when I had to cough (ugggh) and some shoulder pain. But nothing I couldn't or the medicine couldn't handle : ) I wasn't a big fan of the epidural though.

PS

Trizzanne74

pain, mine was painless.

hahaha JK.

PS

Trizzanne74

pain, mine was painless.

hahaha JK.

PS

Trizzanne74

pain, mine was painless.
<br />
<br /> hahaha JK.
<br />
<br />I agree with the chest tubes, they were uncomfortable and my biggest complaint was having a hard time sleeping because I couldn't move to my sides. I had 7-8 tubes, more than the usual. I had some incisional pain, mainly when I had to cough (ugggh) and some shoulder pain. But nothing I couldn't or the medicine couldn't handle : ) I wasn't a big fan of the epidural though.
<br />
<br />PS

Scars

chesttubes, I couldnt sleep for 2 weeks. I was in the hospital for 34 days after the surgery. Long time I know. My incision didnt hurt at all, itchy but no pain. Not be able to go to the bathroom for a week hurt like hell when it finally happened too.....lol.....ouch!!!

Scars

chesttubes, I couldnt sleep for 2 weeks. I was in the hospital for 34 days after the surgery. Long time I know. My incision didnt hurt at all, itchy but no pain. Not be able to go to the bathroom for a week hurt like hell when it finally happened too.....lol.....ouch!!!

Scars

Scars

Scars

jamiebug

nicolaj-
Ok- remember a lot of people posting seem to have been or are Cepacia free......I saw you are cepacia. I was Cepacia transplant and there can be many complications due to that. For instance I got cepacia pnumonia with in a week of my transplant, that set me back to the ICU for weeks- I was off the the ventilator and everything before I got sick- It took me a long time to get off it the second time. I was in the hospital for 51 days.....if there is complications your health will be affected and recovery time will be longer- You may do super, I hope you do! But I know first hand what Cepacia can do post transplant.

GOOD LUCK!

jamiebug

nicolaj-
Ok- remember a lot of people posting seem to have been or are Cepacia free......I saw you are cepacia. I was Cepacia transplant and there can be many complications due to that. For instance I got cepacia pnumonia with in a week of my transplant, that set me back to the ICU for weeks- I was off the the ventilator and everything before I got sick- It took me a long time to get off it the second time. I was in the hospital for 51 days.....if there is complications your health will be affected and recovery time will be longer- You may do super, I hope you do! But I know first hand what Cepacia can do post transplant.

GOOD LUCK!

jamiebug

nicolaj-

GOOD LUCK!

jamiebug

nicolaj-

GOOD LUCK!

jamiebug

nicolaj-
<br />Ok- remember a lot of people posting seem to have been or are Cepacia free......I saw you are cepacia. I was Cepacia transplant and there can be many complications due to that. For instance I got cepacia pnumonia with in a week of my transplant, that set me back to the ICU for weeks- I was off the the ventilator and everything before I got sick- It took me a long time to get off it the second time. I was in the hospital for 51 days.....if there is complications your health will be affected and recovery time will be longer- You may do super, I hope you do! But I know first hand what Cepacia can do post transplant.
<br />
<br />GOOD LUCK!