What is the most painful part of the transplant

nicolaj

AND HOW LONG WERE YOU GUYS IN THE HOSPITAL FOR. IM DETERMINED TO GET OUT AS SOON AS IM FIT. THE QUICKER THE BETTER!

NICOLA XX

nicolaj

AND HOW LONG WERE YOU GUYS IN THE HOSPITAL FOR. IM DETERMINED TO GET OUT AS SOON AS IM FIT. THE QUICKER THE BETTER!

NICOLA XX

nicolaj

NICOLA XX

nicolaj

NICOLA XX

nicolaj

<br />
<br />NICOLA XX

Transplantmommy

My Tx team that I would be in for over two weeks considering I had both of my lungs and my liver transplanted. This was also the Cleveland Clinic's first double lung and liver Tx, so they weren't sure what to expect. Guess what! I was out in 12 days!!! I was out quicker than some of the others who had only lung Tx. We were all shocked! I also did not have to go through rehab which I am hearing more and more that people do. I guess that I just got kind of lucky!

Transplantmommy

My Tx team that I would be in for over two weeks considering I had both of my lungs and my liver transplanted. This was also the Cleveland Clinic's first double lung and liver Tx, so they weren't sure what to expect. Guess what! I was out in 12 days!!! I was out quicker than some of the others who had only lung Tx. We were all shocked! I also did not have to go through rehab which I am hearing more and more that people do. I guess that I just got kind of lucky!

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

OldTex

The chest tubes were the worst part. Besides being uncomfortable they really restrict your moving around. It was really a big day when they finally got them out and you felt "free" again. I was in the hospital after the transplant for about 17 days but the last week was not really related to the transplant but getting my sodium levels back to normal. I was ready to leave after about 9-10 days but the doctors wanted to monitor this.

Jim J.
CF and TX on 4/9/08
Fort Worth, TX

OldTex

The chest tubes were the worst part. Besides being uncomfortable they really restrict your moving around. It was really a big day when they finally got them out and you felt "free" again. I was in the hospital after the transplant for about 17 days but the last week was not really related to the transplant but getting my sodium levels back to normal. I was ready to leave after about 9-10 days but the doctors wanted to monitor this.

Jim J.
CF and TX on 4/9/08
Fort Worth, TX

OldTex

Jim J.
CF and TX on 4/9/08
Fort Worth, TX

OldTex

Jim J.
CF and TX on 4/9/08
Fort Worth, TX

OldTex

<br />
<br />Jim J.
<br />CF and TX on 4/9/08
<br />Fort Worth, TX
<br />

summer732

I agree...chest tubes were the most painful. Incision was more uncomfortable...like someone tightened a belt around my chest. Try to time your bed baths around the time they give you percocet because when they turn you on your side it can be even more painful.

I was out of the hospital in 9 days after my transplant. I attribute this to being in excellent shape (i use that in a strictly end stage cf sort of way) before my transplant. Go for walks, stay as active as you can, even if it's just a slow pace on the treadmill. The more in shape you are going into the this the better. And try to find that motivation too after the surgery. Get up and walking around and as soon as you are recovered, exercise regularly. It makes a huge difference.

summer732

I agree...chest tubes were the most painful. Incision was more uncomfortable...like someone tightened a belt around my chest. Try to time your bed baths around the time they give you percocet because when they turn you on your side it can be even more painful.

I was out of the hospital in 9 days after my transplant. I attribute this to being in excellent shape (i use that in a strictly end stage cf sort of way) before my transplant. Go for walks, stay as active as you can, even if it's just a slow pace on the treadmill. The more in shape you are going into the this the better. And try to find that motivation too after the surgery. Get up and walking around and as soon as you are recovered, exercise regularly. It makes a huge difference.

summer732

summer732

summer732

<br />
<br />I was out of the hospital in 9 days after my transplant. I attribute this to being in excellent shape (i use that in a strictly end stage cf sort of way) before my transplant. Go for walks, stay as active as you can, even if it's just a slow pace on the treadmill. The more in shape you are going into the this the better. And try to find that motivation too after the surgery. Get up and walking around and as soon as you are recovered, exercise regularly. It makes a huge difference.