What kind of alternative medicines do you do?

kclynn87

Since I am allergic to nearly all antibiotics due to serum sickness, I am looking at ways to boost my immune system. My newest thing is taking AirBorne twice a day. What do you all do?
Thanks!

kclynn87

Since I am allergic to nearly all antibiotics due to serum sickness, I am looking at ways to boost my immune system. My newest thing is taking AirBorne twice a day. What do you all do?
Thanks!

kclynn87

Thanks!

kclynn87

Thanks!

kclynn87

<br />Thanks!

MicheleGazelle

I recently posted this in another thread:

I currently take:
Vitamin A
Vitamin E
Liquid B complex with extra B-12
Folic Acid (this is another b vitamin)
PABA (this is another b vitamin)
Iron
Calcium (separate from the iron by at least 2 hours)
Magnesium
Co-q-10 (about 12 hours before bedtime or it can interfere with your sleep)
Olive leaf extract (this is a broad spectrum herbal antibiotic and anti-viral)
Oil of oregano (this is a good antibiotic and anti-fungal)
Carnitine (to help me properly absorb the folic acid)

I am currently out of Wild Yam extract. It is on order and I got the email earlier today that it shipped today. It's good for adrenal support, which I find I need any time I am under stress or fighting some bug. I am currently working overtime any time it is offered because I need the money, so I need all the support I can get to do that.

I take a plate-full of stuff in the evening before bedtime (right now, actually, ). And then I usually take my co-q-10 and iron in the morning. If I need more b vitamins, I will take more at that time. If I am under the weather, I may also take more olive leaf or oil of oregano at that time so I am well enough to go to work.

There are a few recipes on my website and some information on PH balance and if you check the "blog" (a yahoo group), there are some older posts with some info about supplements I was taking at various points in the past. Health Gazelle

Good luck with this.

EDIT:
I am also taking Aloe Vera and Glyconutrients (Ambrotose). I may have overlooked a few other things. If I think of anything else, I will let you know.

--------

I also have made a lot of lifestyle changes. I haven't taken antibiotics in about five years. My son with CF hasn't taken them in over ten years.

MicheleGazelle

I currently take:
Vitamin A
Vitamin E
Iron
Magnesium

I am currently out of Wild Yam extract. It is on order and I got the email earlier today that it shipped today. It's good for adrenal support, which I find I need any time I am under stress or fighting some bug. I am currently working overtime any time it is offered because I need the money, so I need all the support I can get to do that.

I take a plate-full of stuff in the evening before bedtime (right now, actually, ). And then I usually take my co-q-10 and iron in the morning. If I need more b vitamins, I will take more at that time. If I am under the weather, I may also take more olive leaf or oil of oregano at that time so I am well enough to go to work.

There are a few recipes on my website and some information on PH balance and if you check the "blog" (a yahoo group), there are some older posts with some info about supplements I was taking at various points in the past. Health Gazelle

Good luck with this.

EDIT:
I am also taking Aloe Vera and Glyconutrients (Ambrotose). I may have overlooked a few other things. If I think of anything else, I will let you know.

--------

I also have made a lot of lifestyle changes. I haven't taken antibiotics in about five years. My son with CF hasn't taken them in over ten years.

MicheleGazelle

I currently take:
Vitamin A
Vitamin E
Iron
Magnesium

Good luck with this.

EDIT:

--------

MicheleGazelle

I currently take:
Vitamin A
Vitamin E
Iron
Magnesium

Good luck with this.

EDIT:

--------

MicheleGazelle

<br />
<br />I currently take:
<br />Vitamin A
<br />Vitamin E
<br />Liquid B complex with extra B-12
<br />Folic Acid (this is another b vitamin)
<br />PABA (this is another b vitamin)
<br />Iron
<br />Calcium (separate from the iron by at least 2 hours)
<br />Magnesium
<br />Co-q-10 (about 12 hours before bedtime or it can interfere with your sleep)
<br />Olive leaf extract (this is a broad spectrum herbal antibiotic and anti-viral)
<br />Oil of oregano (this is a good antibiotic and anti-fungal)
<br />Carnitine (to help me properly absorb the folic acid)
<br />
<br />I am currently out of Wild Yam extract. It is on order and I got the email earlier today that it shipped today. It's good for adrenal support, which I find I need any time I am under stress or fighting some bug. I am currently working overtime any time it is offered because I need the money, so I need all the support I can get to do that.
<br />
<br />I take a plate-full of stuff in the evening before bedtime (right now, actually, ). And then I usually take my co-q-10 and iron in the morning. If I need more b vitamins, I will take more at that time. If I am under the weather, I may also take more olive leaf or oil of oregano at that time so I am well enough to go to work.
<br />
<br />There are a few recipes on my website and some information on PH balance and if you check the "blog" (a yahoo group), there are some older posts with some info about supplements I was taking at various points in the past. Health Gazelle
<br />
<br />Good luck with this.
<br />
<br />EDIT:
<br />I am also taking Aloe Vera and Glyconutrients (Ambrotose). I may have overlooked a few other things. If I think of anything else, I will let you know.
<br />
<br />--------
<br />
<br />I also have made a lot of lifestyle changes. I haven't taken antibiotics in about five years. My son with CF hasn't taken them in over ten years.
<br />

Nightwriter

Hi K.C.

I guess my first question would be what exactly is your problem and what are you trying to treat. I take supplements but I am very careful now after taking "natural" substances that really harmed me. It can be dangerous taking supplements, especially high doses, with no guidance.

I'll give you examples. I take fish oil which is an amazing anti-inflamatory, but it's a blood thinner, so if your problem is coughing up blood, you can't take that while you are having these episodes. A lot of supplements are blood thinners, but most people aren't aware of which ones are. So if you're taking several, you have to be careful.

Okay, another example, I take Tumeric, but if you don't have Pseudomonas, I don't know if it will help you.

In my experience, I was battling a serious infection, supplements were just not enough. (I learned the hard way).

The other thing about supplements, besides running them by your doctor to make sure it isn't contra to your condition, you shouldn't add a bunch of things at once. You take one for a while, see how it affects you, then slowly add others. Supplements have caused me hives, stomach issues, liver pain, etc.
When you take so many things at once, you have no idea what is helping, what is harming...

Be careful of supplements that are said to cure everything. Not possible. Especially if a company is charging an outrageous amount.

By the way, I love Airborne. I noticed you are taking it twice a day. I take it too, but only at the first sign of a cold, then I take Zinc lozenges and Zicam. I've not had cold symptoms more than a day or 2 if any symptoms at all in years. Did you decide to take it preventatively? This is what I'm talking about. Even though herbs are natural, too many in large doses can harm you.

So i'd be happy to share all that I do, but I want to make sure that if I toss out ideas that they may be appropriate for you.

Nightwriter

Hi K.C.

I guess my first question would be what exactly is your problem and what are you trying to treat. I take supplements but I am very careful now after taking "natural" substances that really harmed me. It can be dangerous taking supplements, especially high doses, with no guidance.

I'll give you examples. I take fish oil which is an amazing anti-inflamatory, but it's a blood thinner, so if your problem is coughing up blood, you can't take that while you are having these episodes. A lot of supplements are blood thinners, but most people aren't aware of which ones are. So if you're taking several, you have to be careful.

Okay, another example, I take Tumeric, but if you don't have Pseudomonas, I don't know if it will help you.

In my experience, I was battling a serious infection, supplements were just not enough. (I learned the hard way).

The other thing about supplements, besides running them by your doctor to make sure it isn't contra to your condition, you shouldn't add a bunch of things at once. You take one for a while, see how it affects you, then slowly add others. Supplements have caused me hives, stomach issues, liver pain, etc.
When you take so many things at once, you have no idea what is helping, what is harming...

Be careful of supplements that are said to cure everything. Not possible. Especially if a company is charging an outrageous amount.

By the way, I love Airborne. I noticed you are taking it twice a day. I take it too, but only at the first sign of a cold, then I take Zinc lozenges and Zicam. I've not had cold symptoms more than a day or 2 if any symptoms at all in years. Did you decide to take it preventatively? This is what I'm talking about. Even though herbs are natural, too many in large doses can harm you.

So i'd be happy to share all that I do, but I want to make sure that if I toss out ideas that they may be appropriate for you.

Nightwriter

Hi K.C.

Nightwriter

Hi K.C.

Nightwriter

Hi K.C.
<br />
<br />I guess my first question would be what exactly is your problem and what are you trying to treat. I take supplements but I am very careful now after taking "natural" substances that really harmed me. It can be dangerous taking supplements, especially high doses, with no guidance.
<br />
<br />I'll give you examples. I take fish oil which is an amazing anti-inflamatory, but it's a blood thinner, so if your problem is coughing up blood, you can't take that while you are having these episodes. A lot of supplements are blood thinners, but most people aren't aware of which ones are. So if you're taking several, you have to be careful.
<br />
<br />Okay, another example, I take Tumeric, but if you don't have Pseudomonas, I don't know if it will help you.
<br />
<br />In my experience, I was battling a serious infection, supplements were just not enough. (I learned the hard way).
<br />
<br />The other thing about supplements, besides running them by your doctor to make sure it isn't contra to your condition, you shouldn't add a bunch of things at once. You take one for a while, see how it affects you, then slowly add others. Supplements have caused me hives, stomach issues, liver pain, etc.
<br />When you take so many things at once, you have no idea what is helping, what is harming...
<br />
<br />Be careful of supplements that are said to cure everything. Not possible. Especially if a company is charging an outrageous amount.
<br />
<br />By the way, I love Airborne. I noticed you are taking it twice a day. I take it too, but only at the first sign of a cold, then I take Zinc lozenges and Zicam. I've not had cold symptoms more than a day or 2 if any symptoms at all in years. Did you decide to take it preventatively? This is what I'm talking about. Even though herbs are natural, too many in large doses can harm you.
<br />
<br />So i'd be happy to share all that I do, but I want to make sure that if I toss out ideas that they may be appropriate for you.