What song do you relate your CF fight to

live2breath

Hey all I have always wonderd of there are other people out there who relate a song to there battle with CF for me its Down with the sickness by Disturbed and one else Do this

M

MCGrad2006

I love music...not talented in it, but LOVE to listen to lyrics and the beat. When my doctor retired back maybe 15ish years ago (when CFers could still hang out) we had a big party for him. They played "Hero" by Mariah Carey. So that song has a very special memory for me.

Also, "My wish for you" by Rascall Flatts. It was popular when my friend Kay got her tx (she later passed away). It always makes me think of her.

LouLou

Big Shot by Billy Joel...ever since I was little. It's more my theme song about my triumph in life not expressive of a battle with cf.

I remember the first time it really got in my head. It mostly comes in when I am just totally rockin' what I'm doing. I was about 5 or 6 years old and was flying down the mountain skiiing. I felt like such a pro and was over the moon with my accomplishment.

markinohio

I've always been inspired by "Right Now" by Van Halen. We may not have a tomorrow so we have to live for today.

Mark, age 43.

Havoc

I reworked the lyrics from Destiny's Child- Bills Bills Bills to Pills Pills Pills (can you take my pills?)

Grigsbone

Though there are many especially in the contmeporary christian genre that i listen to now. But the one song that has been an anthem to myself as well as others as a direct reflection of how we do what we do and why is "Time of your Life" (yes i know that isnt its title) by Greenday.

Tisha

"Gabriella's song" from a Swedish movie. It starts with "It is now that my life is mine, I have got this time to live fully on earth..." We have to enjoy every single moment! But that's regardless of having a disease or not.

Havoc

Actually a good song for CF would be Genetic Emancipation from Repo! the Genetic Opera.

Part of the lyrics: You, I've mistaken for destiny, but the truth is my legacy is not up to my genes. True, though the imprint is deep in me, it will always me up to me.

Look it up on youtube.

M

MCGrad2006

Eye of the Tiger from the movie Rocky. (Never give up)

Definitely agree!!!!

blackchameleon

" DEVIL WENT DOWN TO GEORGIA" -- Charlie Daniels.

'"Devil just come on back if you ever want to try again.
"cause I told you once, you son of a b*#ch, I'm the best there's ever been...."

Travelling Soldier (Badri) is another one i like. I watched a Bollywood movie (in Hindi!!) on a bus trip travelling 10 hours between Bangalore and Coimbatore in India last year. This theme song was in English and it caught my attention. Heres the link for the song n clip.

BOOM Blacky

U

urmysunshine54

Will give some thought to the question - CF still so new to me. Lois - I saw that you (like me)were diagnosed at the age of 57...may I ask how the following years have treated you? Thank you.

CFtori

Good Riddance (Time of your life) by Green Day. Also Superman by Five for Fighting. Anyone reading this should listen to Superman and look at the lyrics. They're great.

dukeblue1206

There is a lyric in a song by my favorite band TOOL that says, "I don't want it. I just need it. To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive." That is how I feel every time I do a nebulizer treatment.

JaneCFer

A Spoonful of Sugar! I always watched Mary Poppins when I was sick and obviously this song is appropriate for CF