What song do you relate your CF fight to

icefisherman

do you like fishstix?
you like putting fishstix in your mouth?
your a gay fish!!!! LOL
I was going to say "Do you want a taco?" by psychostick to be smart but i didn't think anyone here would know who they were. saw them last weekend with Ventana and Circus of Dead Squirrels, awsome show!!!

Andrea2XCFers

when my first son was born The Dance (Garth Brooks) was what I'd sing along to and start crying (I did not know about CF then)...so that song still has great meaning for both my boys and our family's long history with CF. Frankly, however, we really have more of a Twisted Sister "We're Not Gonna Take It" sort of attitude. Every day, with every breath....FIGHT!!!

ellie12xx

The climb by Miley Cyrus and Who you Are by Jessie J. I always listeb to them when i am down or ill and I think especially the climb is very appropriote for CF because life is a climb for us

ellie12xx

The climb by Miley Cyrus and Who You Are by Jessie J because i think that they are both, especially The Climb, is very appropriote to CFerz coz life is a climb for us and i look at my reflection in the mirror all the time and think 'why?'

beleache

In no particular order...
The Breathe Song Event/Breathe - Matt Scales ~
The Living Proof - Mary J. Blige ~
Who Knew - Pink ~
Inspirational .. How Great Thou Art - Carrie Underwood/Vince Gill ~
:)

beleache

It's gonna be a long long journey It's gonna be an uphill climb It's gonna be a tough fight It's gonna be some lonely nights But I'm ready to carry on I'm so glad the worst is over I can start living now, ooh I feel like I can do anythin' And finally I'm not afraid to breathe Anything you say to me And everything you do You can't deny the truth Cause I'm the living proof So many don't survive They just don't make it through But look at me ooh I'm the living proof Oh yes I am Thinkin' back life's been painful Yes it was Took a while to learn how to smile So now I'm gonna talk to my people oh About the storm oh about the storm Oh so glad the worst is over I can start flyin' now oh My best days are right in front of me And I'm almost there Cause now I am free Anything you say to me And everything you do You can't deny the truth Cause I'm the living proof So many don't survive They just don't make it through But look at me I'm the living proof I know where I'm goin' hey Cause I know where I've been oh I gotta few stars that showin' hey I'm gonna stay strong keep goin' That's the way that I will Anything you say to me And everything you do You can't deny the truth Cause I'm the living proof oh So many don't survive They just don't make it through But look at me yeah yeah I'm the living proof Nothing about my life's been easy But nothings gonna keep me down Cause I know a lot more today Than I knew yesterday So I am ready to carry on Oh Lordy mmmm

Mallymookcf

The song, "WONDER", by Natalie Merchant
(my mom dedicated this to me when i was yonger, and my mom and i danced to this at my wedding..)
Doctors have come from distant citiesJust to see meStand over my bedDisbelieving what they're seeing They say I must be one of the wondersOf God's own creationAnd as far as they can see they can offerNo explanation Newspapers ask intimate questionsWant confessionsThey reach into my headTo steal the glory of my story They say I must be one of the wondersOf God's own creationAnd as far as they can see they can offerNo explanation O, I believeFate smiled and destinyLaughed as she came to my cradleKnow this child will be ableLaughed as my body she liftedKnow this child will be giftedWith love, with patience and with faithShe'll make her way People see meI'm a challenge to your balanceI'm over your headsHow I confound you and astound youTo know I must be one of the wondersOf God's own creationAnd as far as you can see you can offer meNo explanation O, I believeFate smiled and destinyLaughed as she came to my cradleKnow this child will be ableLaughed as she came to my motherKnow this child will not sufferLaughed as my body she liftedKnow this child will be giftedWith love, with patience and with faithShe'll make her way <!-- end of lyrics -->

kiwilady

Hello Gregory, it has been fun reading the responses. I share Ellie's favourite, 'The Climb', sung by Miley Cyrus. {She wrote this song after losing a good friend to CF}. The lyrics are truly inspirational, ......"I won't let anything or anyone get in my way, or bring me down. I will keep fighting and never slow down'.

Cheers
Eileen

justdance

This little gem of an 80ssong was given a rebirth by the recent movie Bridesmaids, its "Hold on" by wilson philips

Really feel good tune and the lyrics ring true "don't ya know things could change? they could go your way, if you hold on for one more day"

idkillu4adollar

"WONDER", by Natalie Merchant was a gooooood pick!

And I hate to say Miley Cyrus but also great.

How about Gloria Gaynor " I will Survive". :D

anien2

Originally posted by: idkillu4adollar How about Gloria Gaynor " I will Survive".

That's a great song for a Cfer... as long as he is gay.

Havoc

Originally posted by: anien2 Originally posted by: idkillu4adollar How about Gloria Gaynor " I will Survive". That's a great song for a Cfer... as long as he is gay.
Where the %#$ did that comment come from? School kids make gay jokes, let's be adults shall we?

anien2

Come on!! there is no offense intended on that comment, it is just that "I will survive" is considered a gay anthem.
It is like somebody proposes "dany boy" for a CFer funeral, I would say that is a great song as long as he is irish.

But in case anybody felt hurt by my comment I apologize. I dont think there is anything wrong about being gay (or irish).

T

ToriMom

WOW what a great post...brought tears to my eyes as I recalled how many of these songs have meant a lot to my husband and I...

LOVE, love, thumbs UP, and listen to LOTS:
Down with the Sickness, Just Breathe by Pearl Jam, Wonder by Natalie Merchant, Afternoons and Coffeespoons :) by Crash Test Dummies, Carry on my Wayward Son (Kansas), Superman by Five for Fighting.

And we also like:
Death Cab for Cutie's "What Sarah Said" and "Follow you into the Dark" (sad songs though)
And "The Scientist" by ColdPlay.

Lots of great songs....thanks everyone!

CFRacer

Not only do I use this particular song in common day life but also with my CF. The song is entitled, Lucky Man, written by Montgomery Gentry from Kentucky. It shows me that I just gotta shove all the bad stuff aside and try to make things better. Just sort of let the bad roll off my back. Here are the lyrics.

I have days where I hate my job
This little town and the whole world too
Last Sunday when the Bengals lost
Lord it put me in a bad mood

I have moments when I curse the rain
Then complain when the sun's too hot
I look around at what everyone has
And I forget about all I've got

But I know I'm a lucky man
God's given me a pretty fair hand
Got a house and a piece of land
A few dollars in a coffee can