What song do you relate your CF fight to

DrawingTheLine

If you can survive the cheesy "instrumentals" -- it's from the New Mickey Mouse Club -- the lyrics and mood of this is as hard-hitting as it is encouraging.

Hanging On For Dear Life (Jennifer McGill, an amazing voice to this day and a very pleasant person to e-mail!)

Lena Bean

Mine is Infected from Repo! The Genetic Opera. I'm a bit of a weirdo and dork, and have always had the problem of looking at CF very pessimistically. I'm working on that though.

When that film first came out I was 17 like the main character Shiloh, and every time I sat someone down and made them watch it they about half way through it were like Oh I see why you love this! My Dad related to it a bit too much and couldn't finish watching the movie. He still hasn't to this day and I'm now 21.

Queens of the Stone Age- No One Knows

We get some rules to follow
That and this
These and those
No one knows

We get these pills to swallow
How they stick
In your throat
Tastes like gold

Oh, what you do to me
No one knows

And I realize you�re mine
Indeed a fool am I
And I realize you�re mine
Indeed a fool am I
Ahh

J

JenniferRose65

There was an excellent video made for the CFF a few years ago- they used the song "Fix You" by Coldplay and now that song forever makes me think of CF! Not complaining though- it's a beautiful song!

piggylu

AC/DC - Ride On
AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long ~~~dedicated to my Vest
AC/DC - Hells Bells ~~ like the beat
Queen - I Want To Break Free
LeAnn Womack - I Hope You Dance

CysticKid

Alanis Morrisette - Thank You. The first line in the song is "how 'bout getting off of these anti-biotics." The first time I ever heard that song I was on my way home from getting a P.I.C.C. placed and feeling like crap and the first line of the song really stuck with me. I've related that song to my CF ever since. Other than that first line the rest of the song really means nothing to me, but I do like the song.

Christina.R

For me, Era does a song, called The Mass, I dont speak the language, but I love the melody and the paces....It feels like life for me. Struggle and Drama, then moments of happy and peace, then more struggle. C'est la vie! :)

robbiekay

Pink robots and fight song by the flaming lips. the fight song reminds me of my son it talks about a boy who has to face things he shouldn't have to face. and that life is ever changing but the one thing that stays the same is the the sun sun goes up and sun down and everything really just revolves around that. I remember when I heard it I really saw him facing the fight of his life which is every day and I wish he didnt have to, but there was nothing I could do to change it. and pink robots make me think of pa and the battle to keep it at bay to survive.
mom of a son 23yr old with CF DD508

kyeev

This song came out just as we had our second child.

And I really started to worry about the future of my two boys, cos my Dad died quite young as well.
It made me well up each time I heard it.

Its called Don't you worry child by Swedish house mafia

vwchickadee

I just lost my son on July 5th, 2013, to cystic fibrosis. The song that gives me comfort is "Come to Jesus" by Chris Rice--especially the last verse when he sings, "Fly to Jesus and LIVE."

B

bookperson

Jens Lekman's Your Beat Kicks Back Like Death keeps things in perspective for me.
Les Claypool's Running the Gauntlet. Especially the line, "the boys in the back room are charging exorbitant fees."
I know there are others, but I can't think of any right now. Fun topic!