what to look for

anonymous

Sorry, for what I am about to ask for but , in another message I read about greasy stool How does it really looks like because we are pretty much sure our child is passing some. What we can see is pretty much undigest food, orange noen green or white pale color feces and from time to time a lot of bile. Is this THE SYMPTOM to look for beside coughing.Is this true that children with cf are more likely to sweat after they are asleep.We strongly feel like our child may have it. Two sweat test were done which one was a bit high but not enough conclusive for docters.Hope someone can help us thanks angie Posted by angie on February 27, 2003 at 19:46:04NOTE: this message has been transfered from the old CysticFibrosis.com forums.

anonymous

Jaycee's stools were very large, very stinky, and sometimes an orange or green color. The grease looks like literally orange grease floating around the top. VERY nasty!! When she would toot grease would come out onto her panties. I can't describe the smell, but every time she would go to the bathroom it would stink up the whole house, and when she was a baby a diaper genie didn't even work we had to take them outside to the dumpster after each changing. I hope I helped some. If you have any more questions you can email me. Melissa mom to Jaycee 5 w/cf Posted by Melissa Mc on February 28, 2003 at 12:01:18NOTE: this message has been transfered from the old CysticFibrosis.com forums.

anonymous

hi,look for:coughing or colds or pneumonia that won't go awayAsthma like symptomspoor weight gain with a ravenous appetitea lot of spittng up/reflux (may decrease appetite)Greasy, strange color, chunky stoolsalty when you kiss the childhands and feet prune quickly in the bathThese are some symptoms but not everyone has all of these the best test is usually the sweat test. Also try the genetic tests but these are sometimes inconclusive.Andrea (mom of Rachel 4 with CF) Posted by Drea on February 28, 2003 at 05:29:03NOTE: this message has been transfered from the old CysticFibrosis.com forums.