What will I so without my Albuterol for CF day?

Enzo2311

What will I do without my Albuterol for CF day?

So I'm going to the doctors tomorrow and I'm kinda freaking out about the lung test because I don't have any more Albuterol! Now I won't do as good on the test. What do I do so I do extra extra good?

Melissa75

Administrator
You could try doing extra airway clearance and drinking a couple cups of coffee (and some water to not dehydrate). Coffee is a bit of an asthma drug.

But why not just go in and get accurate numbers...a true baseline. I'm assuming they'll have you do albuterol after your first round of PFTs, wait 15 minutes, and then repeat the PFTs. This would be to see if you have reversible obstruction and whether it is worth putting you on asthma meds. IMO, you shouldn't try to distort the results.

Melissa75

Administrator
I think I misunderstood your question.

You're out of albuterol, not the clinic told you to skip it for testing, right? (I was once told to get off all asthma and allergy meds before a week before testing at National Jewish in Denver.)

Albuterol is one of the least expensive meds. What's going on that you are doing without it?

S

stephen

Enzo2311,

It's suprising how many of us get up tight when going for breathing tests because we want to do well. It's almost like taking a final exam or going for a job interview.

When I went for a PFT few weeks ago, I mentioned this to the technician. She told me that numerous people have mentioned this to her.

Enzo2311

I think I misunderstood your question.

You're out of albuterol, not the clinic told you to skip it for testing, right? (I was once told to get off all asthma and allergy meds before a week before testing at National Jewish in Denver.)

Albuterol is one of the least expensive meds. What's going on that you are doing without it?
Well when I went in I did Albuterol before the test and asked if that was cheating and they said its not cheating, cause before I would rarely use Albuterol. The clinic never mentioned me to skip it, yes. I need another perscription for it.
whats national Jewish?
Enzo2311,

It's suprising how many of us get up tight when going for breathing tests because we want to do well. It's almost like taking a final exam or going for a job interview.

When I went for a PFT few weeks ago, I mentioned this to the technician. She told me that numerous people have mentioned this to her.
yeah I worry about these tests. I wish they could just give me some Albuterol before hand.

Melissa75

Administrator
National Jewish is a respiratory disease hospital. They have a CF center, but I was there in the non-tuberculosis mycobacteria wing years ago to try to figure out why I had bronchiectasis. (My sweat test result is 9 or 11, can't remember, and I have no cf mutation acc to the 95 mutation test.)

You should get albuterol neb and inhaler tomorrow.

lilro

Well when I went in I did Albuterol before the test and asked if that was cheating and they said its not cheating, cause before I would rarely use Albuterol. The clinic never mentioned me to skip it, yes. I need another perscription for it.
whats national Jewish?
yeah I worry about these tests. I wish they could just give me some Albuterol before hand.

Why do you rarely use albuterol? Maybe I'm wrong but I thought everyone with CF used Albuterol multiple times per day.