What's up with this cough? *Starting Pulmicort

hmw

Emily got sick rather suddenly the last few days. She was fine on Saturday, went to dance, full of energy. Sunday morning woke up and made a run for the sink and coughed up blood-streaked mucus and a some pink/brown tinted liquid and for the rest of the day had a lot of productive coughing while doing her vest. Yesterday she was coughing up greenish stuff and then was up all night coughing so I was going to call her clinic dr. today anyway; but she just woke up a little while ago and is coughing and it sounds like a seal barking. Not a really high pitched noise like when my youngest son had croup as a baby but it's still the only way I can describe it.

Any ideas on what this means? It was just normal productive sounding cough overnight. There is nothing coming up with this. She says taking in a deep breath hurts her chest so we're doing her albuteral. I am not sure if doing her vest right away is the right thing to do, or bringing her into a steamy bathroom or what... this has me nervous. She's barely gotten over this last round of bronchitis.

hmw

Emily got sick rather suddenly the last few days. She was fine on Saturday, went to dance, full of energy. Sunday morning woke up and made a run for the sink and coughed up blood-streaked mucus and a some pink/brown tinted liquid and for the rest of the day had a lot of productive coughing while doing her vest. Yesterday she was coughing up greenish stuff and then was up all night coughing so I was going to call her clinic dr. today anyway; but she just woke up a little while ago and is coughing and it sounds like a seal barking. Not a really high pitched noise like when my youngest son had croup as a baby but it's still the only way I can describe it.

Any ideas on what this means? It was just normal productive sounding cough overnight. There is nothing coming up with this. She says taking in a deep breath hurts her chest so we're doing her albuteral. I am not sure if doing her vest right away is the right thing to do, or bringing her into a steamy bathroom or what... this has me nervous. She's barely gotten over this last round of bronchitis.

hmw

hmw

hmw

<br />
<br />Any ideas on what this means? It was just normal productive sounding cough overnight. There is nothing coming up with this. She says taking in a deep breath hurts her chest so we're doing her albuteral. I am not sure if doing her vest right away is the right thing to do, or bringing her into a steamy bathroom or what... this has me nervous. She's barely gotten over this last round of bronchitis.

JazzysMom

I'll be calling dr. when they open but looking for input now... what's up with this cough?

Was she exposed to any irritants on Saturday? smoke, being outside etc?

For such a sudden display like that FOR ME it usually means I was ignoring subtle symptoms prior OR I was exposed to irritants that might not have bothered me in the moment, but bit me in the butt later.

I do hope its something easily remedied!

HUGS

JazzysMom

I'll be calling dr. when they open but looking for input now... what's up with this cough?

For such a sudden display like that FOR ME it usually means I was ignoring subtle symptoms prior OR I was exposed to irritants that might not have bothered me in the moment, but bit me in the butt later.

HUGS

JazzysMom

HUGS

JazzysMom

HUGS

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />For such a sudden display like that FOR ME it usually means I was ignoring subtle symptoms prior OR I was exposed to irritants that might not have bothered me in the moment, but bit me in the butt later.
<br />
<br />I do hope its something easily remedied!
<br />
<br />HUGS

hmw

Now that it finally stopped raining my dh had to mow for the first time this season... we have a good size yard and a field in back about 1.5 acres in size. So a lot of grass around us that he mowed between (I think) Thursday and Saturday. She played outside Friday. I wonder if being exposed to so much pollen all at once just hit her hard. For all I know they mowed at school the day before too. I don't remember that ever happening to her in the past, though. Saturday she was home after dance.

I hope it's something easy to fix too. Now that she's done with her albuteral she's coughing less but it still sounds the same when she does. She still says it hurts to take a deep breath and she has some (not a lot, but some) wheezing.

hmw

Now that it finally stopped raining my dh had to mow for the first time this season... we have a good size yard and a field in back about 1.5 acres in size. So a lot of grass around us that he mowed between (I think) Thursday and Saturday. She played outside Friday. I wonder if being exposed to so much pollen all at once just hit her hard. For all I know they mowed at school the day before too. I don't remember that ever happening to her in the past, though. Saturday she was home after dance.

I hope it's something easy to fix too. Now that she's done with her albuteral she's coughing less but it still sounds the same when she does. She still says it hurts to take a deep breath and she has some (not a lot, but some) wheezing.

hmw

hmw

hmw

<br />
<br />I hope it's something easy to fix too. Now that she's done with her albuteral she's coughing less but it still sounds the same when she does. She still says it hurts to take a deep breath and she has some (not a lot, but some) wheezing.

M

Mommafirst

I think allergies or asthma could be combining with CF stuff here. I do think the vest might help loosen it all up -- kinda sounds like her airways are inflamed (maybe fromt he allergies) and so she can't even move the clogged up mucus to cough it up.

Definitely call the CF center. Possible a round of steroids will control the allergy inflamation.

Update when you can!! Good luck!!

M

Mommafirst

I think allergies or asthma could be combining with CF stuff here. I do think the vest might help loosen it all up -- kinda sounds like her airways are inflamed (maybe fromt he allergies) and so she can't even move the clogged up mucus to cough it up.

Definitely call the CF center. Possible a round of steroids will control the allergy inflamation.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />Definitely call the CF center. Possible a round of steroids will control the allergy inflamation.
<br />
<br />Update when you can!! Good luck!!