when i cough, i can feel my picc line

catboogie

i was laying in bed taking a nap and lifted my head up to cough only to have the strangest sensation...i could feel my picc line in my shoulder/arm area! any ideas what the heck is going on?

catboogie

i was laying in bed taking a nap and lifted my head up to cough only to have the strangest sensation...i could feel my picc line in my shoulder/arm area! any ideas what the heck is going on?

catboogie

catboogie

catboogie

JazzysMom

I dont think I have had a PICC line where I didnt feel it. If its in a vein closer to the surface you will feel it more just like if your arm is in a position that moves it closer.....

Its an eerie feeling, but nothing unusual in general.

JazzysMom

I dont think I have had a PICC line where I didnt feel it. If its in a vein closer to the surface you will feel it more just like if your arm is in a position that moves it closer.....

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Its an eerie feeling, but nothing unusual in general.

AttyMom

I 2nd what Melissa and Jess have said. It also can depend on the exact placement. I found I felt it much more when it was in my left arm than in my right.

This time around it think it might have bruised my vein (if that's possible?) since I also "felt" it after it was removed for a couple of days.

Feel better Laura!

AttyMom

I 2nd what Melissa and Jess have said. It also can depend on the exact placement. I found I felt it much more when it was in my left arm than in my right.

This time around it think it might have bruised my vein (if that's possible?) since I also "felt" it after it was removed for a couple of days.

Feel better Laura!

AttyMom

Feel better Laura!

AttyMom

Feel better Laura!

AttyMom

<br />
<br />This time around it think it might have bruised my vein (if that's possible?) since I also "felt" it after it was removed for a couple of days.
<br />
<br />Feel better Laura!
<br />