when to take prevacid

charjt

My son who's two years old complains of his stomach hurting in the mornings and doesn't really eat breakfast (this has been in the last month). I called the nutritionist and she recommended we give him his prevacid at bedtime to help fight the acid in the morning. I said, but he doesn't eat right before he goes to bed. She said it doesn't matter. Just give it on an empty stomach and if he does eat make sure you wait at minimum 15 minutes. But that he didn't have to eat after getting prevacid. This goes against the information I have read on prevacid. Everything I've read says eat within 30 minutes. Does anyone know if she is correct? I'm scared to give it to him without something to eat a little later. I worry if it could create stomach cramps.

charjt

My son who's two years old complains of his stomach hurting in the mornings and doesn't really eat breakfast (this has been in the last month). I called the nutritionist and she recommended we give him his prevacid at bedtime to help fight the acid in the morning. I said, but he doesn't eat right before he goes to bed. She said it doesn't matter. Just give it on an empty stomach and if he does eat make sure you wait at minimum 15 minutes. But that he didn't have to eat after getting prevacid. This goes against the information I have read on prevacid. Everything I've read says eat within 30 minutes. Does anyone know if she is correct? I'm scared to give it to him without something to eat a little later. I worry if it could create stomach cramps.

charjt

charjt

charjt

AlexsMom

My daughter has been on Prevacid for 8 months and I was always told give it on an empty stomach,meaning 2 hours after you eat and at least 30min.before you eat-I could be wrong,but I have never heard any complications of not eating afterwards. I'll check into that w/my GI Doc.and get back to you.

AlexsMom

My daughter has been on Prevacid for 8 months and I was always told give it on an empty stomach,meaning 2 hours after you eat and at least 30min.before you eat-I could be wrong,but I have never heard any complications of not eating afterwards. I'll check into that w/my GI Doc.and get back to you.

AlexsMom

AlexsMom

AlexsMom

charjt

Thanks for replying. I spoke with the pharmacist and he confirmed to give on an empty stomach, two hours after eating, and not eating afterwards is okay. But waiting 30 mins before eating is ideal.

charjt

Thanks for replying. I spoke with the pharmacist and he confirmed to give on an empty stomach, two hours after eating, and not eating afterwards is okay. But waiting 30 mins before eating is ideal.

charjt

charjt

charjt

froggymama

Hi, I'm equally confused about when to give Prevacid. The directions from the pharamacist say to give with meals, but I've heard that acid blockers can also interfer with pancreatic enzymes from working properly.

froggymama

Hi, I'm equally confused about when to give Prevacid. The directions from the pharamacist say to give with meals, but I've heard that acid blockers can also interfer with pancreatic enzymes from working properly.

froggymama

froggymama

froggymama