When to tell someone you have CF especially when you are DATING them

princessjdc

I told my boyfriend now husband of 9 years that I had CF a month after we started dating. We were in his truck and I told him I had a drs appointment and he asked why and I told him that I had CF.

I told him a little bit about it and he also went on line and read a little about it. His mom done research on the disease and shared with him what she learned as well.

He never had questions until after we got married and he went with me to the drs. everything was good until the doc said I had psuedomonas and had like 4 years to live, then my hubby said he was ticked cause he didnt realize that I could die that fast!

But its been longer than 4 years and Im still here and my health is great, so the doc that told me this was wrong, I didnt see that doc too often anyways.

My husband still goes to the drs. with me, which I like so that way he can ask any questions that he wants. With him going with me he has learned a lot about this disease and as I learn more about this disease I always tell him what I learn so we both have the same knowledge about it.

princessjdc

I told my boyfriend now husband of 9 years that I had CF a month after we started dating. We were in his truck and I told him I had a drs appointment and he asked why and I told him that I had CF.
<br />
<br />I told him a little bit about it and he also went on line and read a little about it. His mom done research on the disease and shared with him what she learned as well.
<br />
<br />He never had questions until after we got married and he went with me to the drs. everything was good until the doc said I had psuedomonas and had like 4 years to live, then my hubby said he was ticked cause he didnt realize that I could die that fast!
<br />
<br />But its been longer than 4 years and Im still here and my health is great, so the doc that told me this was wrong, I didnt see that doc too often anyways.
<br />
<br />My husband still goes to the drs. with me, which I like so that way he can ask any questions that he wants. With him going with me he has learned a lot about this disease and as I learn more about this disease I always tell him what I learn so we both have the same knowledge about it.

Pebbles8

My husband told me on our second date. I kissed him on his cheek remarked "wow, that's salty" and he said "I might as well tell you reason for that now..." I don't think it has to come out as early as the 2nd date but definitely within the first month or two if you are seriously dating for marriage as opposed to just hanging out. You should respect your date enough to allow him/her to make the decision before falling in love with you.

Pebbles8

My husband told me on our second date. I kissed him on his cheek remarked "wow, that's salty" and he said "I might as well tell you reason for that now..." I don't think it has to come out as early as the 2nd date but definitely within the first month or two if you are seriously dating for marriage as opposed to just hanging out. You should respect your date enough to allow him/her to make the decision before falling in love with you.

Pebbles8