Who are you in a nut shell

Beccamom

My name is Jen.
I do not have CF my 11 year old Rebecca is in the dx process.
Rebecca's mutation G542X
Nasal Potential Difference showed significant decrease CFTR function 2nd test to confirm dx scheduled tomorrow
Failure to thrive: weight 56 lbs and height 52 inches max of 3rd percentile whole life
FEV1 in the 60s
She is a level 8 junior olympic gymnast and amazes us on her determination and dedication.
I am also mother to my wonderful Alison 9 no CF
I have been married to Dan for 13 years.

I am sooooooo thankful for the wonderful people on this forum giving me the knowledge and encouragement to be the best mom I can be.

Shine

Big warm welcome to all you newcomers to this forum! Hope you all find it helpful and resourceful

*HUGS*

Sarah

scottguy

Scott Guy
Male (we are an awesome group)
I'm 27
Live in Kansas
Diagnosed at 2 and half years
6 foot tall and between 140 - 150 lbs
Been in banking for the past 5 years
Professional musician before that (banking)
Love any foods with Jerky or Buffalo in the title
I love professional footbal
overall good guy

JennyCoulon

I am a 30 yr. oldwife &mother of two boys with CF and a daughter w/out
We live in Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Our oldest son is Mason and he is 11.5 yrs. old and in 5th grade
Mason was diagnosed at birth due to meconium elias (sp?)
He has bowel surgery 4 hrs. after birth and then again 2 months later to reconnect his bowel
Mason's PFT's are great, well over 100% and has great lung function
He has a g-button and has since he was 5 yrs. old
He loves to hang out with his friends, game out on X-box live, play soccer and enjoy the outdoors
Our middle son is Tucker and he just turned 6 yrs. old and is in Kindergarten
He was diagnosed at birth due to lack of weight gain, family history, etc
Tucker is just starting to do PFT's but is learning quickly
He doesn't have a g-button but the dr. are pushing for it due to lack of weight gain
He plays soccer, loves to run, loves spending time with his family & friends, and loves to read
If you want to know more just ask :D

Simba15

My name is Lisa
I'm a girl
I'm 50
I live in CT USA
I was diagnosed at 50 due to recurring sinus infections and bronchitis
I weigh 180 - too much
My FVC is [I dont know what this is] and my FEV1 is [I don't know what this is]
I work full time
I have a cat and a dog
I had sinus surgery in July 2010
There was no prior history of cf in my family.
My mutations are F508 and R334W
I love to travel. My favorite place was Bahamas
I love chocolate
My favorite meal is pizza
I do not do well when the tempurature and seasons change
I am a Christian

amessofphotos

Mary Kathleen Getz25 yrs old, birthday is July 24th!I was diagnosed at 3 months by my babysitter who said I tasted "like french fries"Several sinus surgeries from age 7-15, one to correct a deviated septumCFRD diagnosed at age 13 with animus ping pump since nov. 2010 <- i love my pump!Power port placement in Feb of this year.I live in Ypsilanti, MI with my boyfriend, doug, his best friend and our cat, cleopatra (cle for short)I am on SSDI finally and backing off from my old schedule of working full time and then someI started a democratic free school called the little lake learning community (www.littlelakelc.org) which has been a dream of mine since high school. we just completed our first year, today!I love apple cinnamon rice cakes, apple juice, steak, grilled veggies, and rice, tomatoes and potatoes.I recently started rock climbing, beer brewing, and looking for a dog.I have been on this forum for about 6 months, kicking myself for not looking for support earlier.

jonny7

Hello,
My name is Jon
I'm a male
I am 47
I live in Joliet Illinois
I was misdiagnosed several times during childhood till finally at 31 I was told I had it.
I use to and run around like a maniac when I was small and the breathing issues they thought was asthma.
I started to work out, bodybuild and powerlift and I think this is what helped me get along till now, recently
I've had to stop because the breathing part is getting more labored as I get older.
I started an IT business 11 years ago because I would get sick so often I couldn't keep a regular job, its been nice
working for the hours I want and taking it easy when I have to.
I miss riding my motorcycle, hypoxia has taken the fun out of it.
I love to eat and can probably eat forever as long as I use my Creon
I was married for 10 years without kids but I have a ton of nephews and nieces.
I love Design, Design of anything, I use to do graphic design back in the 1980's.
I'm a pretty cool guy, passionate when it comes to people and things I like and very easy going.
So a great big "Hi" to all you out there

MissAshlee

Hi!
I'm Ashlee
24 years old
female
I live in Kentucky
I was diagnosed at 1 month old
I am 5'1" and weigh 105lbs
My PFTs are terrible, but I'm trying to work on it
I've had quite a bit of trouble with my CF over the years but I still consider myself blessed. ?
I am a loan processor. Going to school for financial advising
My boyfriend is in the military and I absolutley cannot wait to move to him!
I love riding my motorcycle
I love music!! My life would be nothing without it.
I'm really glad I found this site. Hoping to learn a lot and make new friends along the way.

tgd

Hi!
I'm Tom
56 year old male
I live in New Mexico
I was diagnosed at 47 yrs old.
I'm 6'1", and (over)weigh at 220 (few digestive symptoms so far, besides osteopenia and vitamin d deficiency).
I'm one of 2000 people in the world to become diagnostic in middle age with an unknown genetic problem (but sweat chloride through the roof)
chronic sinusitis
Pa colonized, with pneumonia x3 last year, and once this year. Pfts are down about 15%.
I'm a computer programmer/librarian, and get to work from home, which is perfect (i can suck on a nebulizer and write a program at the same time - I could never do that in an office.
Single (divorced. long story). At this point, who'd want to get involved with someone tied to a nebulizer for a couple of hours a day -- so i'm resigned to being single.
I love movies, music, reading, and driving.
A big "Hi" to everyone out there. It's good to know that there are others who have invisible physical problems. Sometimes, I'll be walking down a street and go into a coughing fit. A couple of times I've heard "he should stop smoking!" People just judge, and don't always get it right......

tgd

Hi!
I'm Tom
56 year old male
I live in New Mexico
I'm 6'1", and (over)weigh at 220 (few digestive symptoms so far, besides osteopenia and vitamin d deficiency).
I'm one of 2000 people in the world to become diagnostic in middle age with an unknown genetic problem (but sweat chloride through the roof)
chronic sinusitis
Pa colonized, with pneumonia x3 last year, and once this year. Pfts are down about 15%.
I'm a computer programmer/librarian, and get to work from home, which is perfect (i can suck on a nebulizer and write a program at the same time - I could never do that in an office.
Single (divorced. long story). At this point, who'd want to get involved with someone tied to a nebulizer for a couple of hours a day -- so i'm resigned to being single.
A big "Hi" to everyone out there. It's good to know that there are others who have invisible physical problems. Sometimes, I'll be walking down a street and go into a coughing fit. A couple of times I've heard "he should stop smoking!" People just judge, and don't always get it right......

tgd

Hi!
I'm Tom
56 year old male
I live in New Mexico
chronic sinusitis

AggieGeologist

My name is Danielle
I am a 25 year old female
I live in the great state of Texas
I am the only one in my family that has beenblessed with CF (DF508) (FEV1=~70-75%)
I define CF, it does NOT define ME (although it has made me a very strong person, that's why I see it as a blessing)
I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Geology from Texas A&M University
I have a wonderful husband named Scott (married since 11/6/09)
Two beautiful children: Nissan 370Z and Xterra OffRoad (named Z and X cleverly)
I am more of a career woman than a stay-at-home mom or wife, although I would love to have human children someday
I am not creative in any way but instead scientific and analytical
I am very contradicting, spontaneous, sociable and sometimes hypocritical
I have a beautifulblondebrat I call Laneygirl (my longhair chihuahua)
Even though my dog is girly, I am not! I'm a t-shirt, jeans, hair in a ponytail with a ball cap kinda girl (fortunately for my husband, this is why he married me!)
I love fast cars, big trucks and anything outdoors (hence my degree!)
Like all true Texans, I'm Christian and conservative
Other girls have a collection of pretty shoes; I have a collection of pretty rocks!
If I'm not at work (yes, I still go to work even when I have a PICC line), you can either find me sleeping or camping and offroading in Colorado
I have a very supportive and loving family who have helped me achieve ALL of my dreams!
My last summer of college, I essentially "lived" in a tent and traveled around all of Western US doing field geology for 6 WEEKS straight! (It's one of my greatest achievements aside fromcollege graduation and finding someone good enough to put up with me!)
I might sound complicated but I'm actually quite simple (and I make a great friend!)

semnle34

<font size="5" face="georgia">Hello!!! My name is Kristen.</font><font size="5" face="georgia">I am 28 yrs old</font><font size="5" face="georgia">I am from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.</font><font size="5" face="georgia">I am a Police Officer and a mom of a 3 yr old daughter (non-CF)</font><font size="5" face="georgia">Double Mutation of Delta F508</font><font size="5" face="georgia">Diagnosed at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami at 19 months.</font><font size="5" face="georgia">Finally caved and got a power port 2 yrs ago.....awesome!!!! Really do love it.</font><font size="5" face="georgia">Have minimal lung involvment, could be better butmore gastro than anything.</font><font size="5" face="georgia">Had my gall bladder removed and a few other repairs (Like brand new now)</font><font size="5" face="georgia">Used to attend CF camp in the Keys as a kid</font><font size="5" face="georgia">Just diagnosed with Non-Tuberculosis Mycobacterum.....have to take 3 new antibiotics for 18 months....ughhhhhh</font><font size="5" face="georgia">Work out 3-5 times a week..........</font><font size="5" face="georgia">That's me in a nut shell :0)</font>

ManFromDublin

My name is eoin i am from Ireland

Have cf.
23 years old.

Want to hook up with a female american cf person, for fun maybe more.

No time wasters please.

haha joke

Jeanette40

My name is Jeanette, am 40 and I live in Sheffield England..
I have Df508 and R117H (lung function around 80%).
Diagnosed in Long Beach Memorial CA 12 years ago.
I have 3 wonderful children age 12, 8 and 2 (all non cf).
I play the violin in a very amateur orchestra.
I love netball.
I am a nurse but haven't worked for a while to look after my baby and to recover my health from the whole pregnancy, child rearing, general tiredness!
I also do book keeping as a job as I can work from home.
I listen to bands like The Cure, Pulp, Levellers, and other indie/goth 80's music, but am fairly diverse so like lots of other styles too.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Jeanette x

MissAlex27

I joined this site in 2005 but lost my user name and password - so I joined up again today! I don't think I ever filled this out...

My name is Alex
I'm 25 years old
I'm a girl
I was diagnosed at 1 years old
I've been married for almost 6 years to an amazing guy who takes great care of me
I've had to say goodbye to way too many of my CF friends, most of whom I met on this site
I have two amazing brothers, but I am the only one with CF
I love to read and play video games

azdesertrat

My name is Pat.
I'm 47 years of age.
I'm blessed with a fantastic lady in my life that is the most loving & devoted person I've ever known.
DX'ed with CF at birth.
I live in the mountains E. of PHX AZ.
Love riding my Suzuki KingQuad 4WD w/electric power steering. Spend loads of time out in The Boonies..
I drove a semi for 23 years, more than 2 million safe miles hauling for the copper mines all over AZ, NM, TX and NV.
I spent 5 years driving cross-country. I used to plug my SVN into an inverter & do Pulmozyme, Albuterol etc. while driving down the road! I've been in all the 48 lower states & went into Canada once.
I'm now medically retired & I HATE it! I'd give anything to go back to work.
My quad & my wife are all that help maintain my sanity.
I'm a Christian & I thank God daily for all the gifts He has given me.
We have no kids except for our Queensland Heeler, AKA Australian Cattle Dog. Her name is Cristina & she is partially responsible for me having survived my ordeals. She has so much personality I told myself 'I can't die now, I gotta see how this pup turns out!'
I love to go camping. Dog & I go live in my tent as often as possible.
I love collecting guns. I go shooting as much as possible.
I thank God for sparing me daily, I love my life & am pretty content.
I'm really glad to have found this site, thanks KAYLEE'SGRANDMA for introducing me to the site. She has been one of my best 'Internet Friends'.

stackyshorty

My name is Stacy
I'm a girl
I'm 26
I live in Fort Wayne, IN
I have the delta F508 and the G551D mutations
I wasn't diagnosed until I was 6 years( yes years) old. The doctors kept telling my parents I had chronic bronchitis.
I currently weigh 130lbs
I am 5'
I am trying really hard to get a teaching job. I have a music education degree.
My fiance and I want to get married but are feeling down because of the job issue with me
I am very stubborn
Music is my life
I love my fiance's children and him with all my heart
I want to get a cat sometime, if we can find a hypoallergenic on
I came from an extremely small town, and moved about 4 years ago to Fort Wayne
I have a bit of a sweet tooth
I am on the insulin pump
I try to gracefully take what life throws at me