Who are you in a nut shell

C

cfFIT

Hi Everyone,

My name is Tim.
Diagnosed in 1979 (age of 2).
Graduated Fairfield University in 1999.
Became a personal trainer.
Won the Mr. CT bodybuilding title in 2003.
Married in 2006.
First son born in 2008.
Given 2 weeks to live in 2009.
Double lung transplant on 11/10/09.
Out of the hospital in 6 days.
Ran the NYC marathon one year later with my surgeon, Dr. Sonett (Columbia).
Second son born 2012.
I'm interested in helping others battle CF with my exercise background.
Please feel free to email me any questions. Thanks.

M

mommof2b1

My name is Amy
I am a girl
Age 33
I have 3 boys and a husband of 15 years
I was diagnosed in May this year as atypical CF
Delta F508 and my lovely rare M265R genetic counselor only found 1 other female with my combination that died at 1day old
I love to read and live near Chattanooga, TN

triples15

Super Moderator
Hi Everyone,

My name is Tim.
Diagnosed in 1979 (age of 2).
Graduated Fairfield University in 1999.
Became a personal trainer.
Won the Mr. CT bodybuilding title in 2003.
Married in 2006.
First son born in 2008.
Given 2 weeks to live in 2009.
Double lung transplant on 11/10/09.
Out of the hospital in 6 days.
Ran the NYC marathon one year later with my surgeon, Dr. Sonett (Columbia).
Second son born 2012.
I'm interested in helping others battle CF with my exercise background.
Please feel free to email me any questions. Thanks.

Welcome Tim! Wow, you have quite the story! Thanks for sharing, and hope to hear more from you around here.

Autumn 33 w/CF

triples15

Super Moderator
My name is Amy
I am a girl
Age 33
I have 3 boys and a husband of 15 years
I was diagnosed in May this year as atypical CF
Delta F508 and my lovely rare M265R genetic counselor only found 1 other female with my combination that died at 1day old
I love to read and live near Chattanooga, TN

Welcome Amy! Wow, diagnosed at 33. I continue to be surprised by all adult diagnosis around here, although it is happening more and more frequently.

I'm also 33 w/cf. I also have Df508, and one rarer mutation, S945L, but I present with pretty classic CF.

Thanks for the introduction and hope to see you around!

Autumn

mom24dodd

I am so enjoying reading all these posts. I am a mom. My son was diagnosed at 4 weeks old - on our one year wedding anniversary. He also then was diagnosed with Autism at 16 months. He is 9 years old now and has the most wonderful smile. I love him to death. I cry a lot.

W

WMom

HI...my name is Heidi and I am posting on behalf of my son who is 13. He does not have CF, he has a very rare lung defect called Yellow Nail Syndrome. He is seen and treated with CF modality , using the Vest every day. Thanks , I didn't know where else to go for info.

W

WMom

Hey Tim - you have done a lot!

I am a mom now..but in the 80's I volunteered with Achilles International. As my first task , they had me run/jog/walk the 1988 NYCM with Ketil Moe (he was the first lung transplant patient to finish a marathon). I was carrying a backpack full of all his meds and a lot of calories. Marathons were different than and didn't provide as much food on the course.

It was a privelege to assist Ketil. I remember visiting him in his hotel room, and he had his lung clearing devices all rigged up, now I have a son who uses some of those same devices and meds, although he does not have CF. Have you ever heard of Ketil? here is his wiki page in case not ( http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketil_Moe_(1966)) , may that sweet man RIP.

I would love to get some more info from you...starting a new thread to ask specifically. thx

deep-breather

Hi my name is Chris. My girlfriend is Amanda. We will both be using this account. I am a 35 year old male with CF. I presently have 94 percent lung function. I live in Holland, Michigan with my amazing girl and her kiddos. My girl is so strong caring for me with my CF, Anxiety, ADHD, and Depression. She also cares for her eight year old son who has ACC, Epilepsy, Aspergers, and Asthma. She also cures for her six year old with ADHD. I take creon with everything I eat. I also do four albuterol treatments daily. Use my vest twice a day for twenty minutes. Do a pulmozyme treatment once a day. Take Claritin D, Prilosec, and Zoloft once a day. Do flonase, Dulera, take Respirdol, and Vitamin D twice a day.

My name is Erica, my husband and I just had a baby boy, Lincoln, who was diagnosed at 1 week with cf. We live in Atlanta Ga with our 2 german shepards and our now 2 month old beautiful baby boy. We couldnt be happier to be parents and we are just figuring out this whole new cf journey one day at a time:)

A

Amandaboshoff

Hi. I am a mom to 2 beatifull children. Live in South Africa. My daugter, age 13 is a carrier of Cf while my son, age 10 was diagnosed at 6 months. I recently had to take him out of school as he is now permanently on oxygen. I am curreny looking into options to homeschool. Thank you for allowing me to be part of your group.

A

Anto704

Hi Everyone!
My names Antonia :)
I live in Liverpool (UK)
I'm 23 years old
My weight is 44kg (just under 7 stone)
I was diagnosed with CF related diabetes when i was 19
I'm 5ft and FEV1 59% last time i checked but its usually between 62% - 68%
I love art and draw portraits, i also like to learn languages so far i have learned quite a bit of dutch and now trying spanish
Atm my favourite food/snack is Malteasers haha

D

daniela.l

my name is daniela
i'm 18
was diagnosed at 5 years old when I moved to michigan from mexico
mutation delta f508 & 3849+10kbc- t
i like to play tennis although i can't right now bc of my cf
i have an addiction to my phone although i don't want to admit it lol
i like to watch videos on youtube
i love netflix! (breaking bad, grey's anatomy, how i met your mother, gossip girl)
i am also in the process for transplant evaluation and started a blog :) catchingyourbreaths.wordpress.com

stacylong

My name is Stacy.
I'm a female.
49 years old
Diagnosed at 6 weeks from failure to thrive
I weigh 115, 5'3"
Double Df508
FEV1: 60-70%
I work full time
I've been hospitalized once at 47 years old
Contracted Pseudomonas at 30
I have 2 daughters (both preemie) ages, 22 and 20
Family history of CF on my mother's side
No sense of taste or smell for the last 5-7 years

N

Naydib

My Name is Naydalie
I'm a girl
25 in a week
I Live in Miami FL
I was dx at age 8
I weight around 112lbs and I am 5'2
My PFT's are in between 78's - 85's depends on the season.
I am A Radiologic Technologist specialized in MRI
Bilingual: Spanish/English
Great Salsa dancer
I have a thing for pretzels and Diet Lipton Green Tea
seem very serious but I actually love to laugh

laurajordan

I am working as a research associate. I have done research on nearly all the health related issues. Since I have been writing blogs in the past so here I will share my experiences with you. My research knowledge will help me write good articles in and blogs in the health arena. I have nurture writing as my hobby. I have written for many online blogs and magazines. My website will help you get more information on the health related issues. Last research done was on sleep related issues so I am writing more and more blogs on that issue.

H

heather1

My name is Heather
I am a mom to 2 CF daughters
Morgan passed away on 2/8/2013 (a month b4 turning 21)
Madi is 13 and currently in decent health

V

VictorinaP

My name is Megan, I'm 26yo. I am dating a guy that has CF and just want to be really informed and supportive of him. I have known him for 10 years and been intimate with him for about 4 years, dating for a shorter period of time. We plan to start a life together. He is my best friend in the world and I figure the best way to understand him and be there for him through everything is to actually know what he's talking about. This forum is amazing to me, to hear all of the stories and methods and people from all walks of life. I probably wont post often, but I'll be reading everything that I can.