why do I cough up blood every other month

cam

I cough up blood every other month its not alot and doesnt last but a few hours of streeking then its gone I wondwring why I feel ok and breathing fine no different than usual and is this hirting my lungs like damaging them its been happening for a long time now bout a year told doctors they said not to worry bout little bit of blood or ongoing streeks they just said to watch it but I want them to make it stop from happening it cant b good for my lungs and whatever is causing it cant b good so u think they would look into it they said I could come in for antibiotics but they said it should quit and not to worry unless its alot I want to stop it now before it gets to b alot or it makes something go wrong or worse anyone have this and what have u done they told me to take more vitamin k thats it so if anyone has reaccurring blood in mucus not alot just little more than streeks then goes away but comes back every month or two thank u for help

H

hammerpocket

My first question would be: Is there anything else that changes every other month? Do you -- like many others -- alternate antibiotics every month? I take Cayston on alternating months and while it definitely is good for me in terms of lung function, it also tends to cause me to have more bleeding.

erock77

Vitamin K and particular CF specific ADEK vitamins could help. The ADEK is water-soluble so we can absorb it better. It helps your clotting ability. I used to get bleeds about monthly but much more severe, so this course is probably appropriate for you. But if this is a new or different symptom then you should make an appt to be seen.
By the way, punctuation would make your post much easier to read.
Good luck.

randford

CAM, erock77 made a good point. There could be some blood thinning and perhaps some of the meds could be causing it. The V-K and ADEK vitamins could help but his right about making an appointment should the symptoms persist.

Hang in there bro.

cam

The blood stopped at least for few days my breathing is still not good im goin back to Pittsburgh as soon as I can get up there I hope it gets better thank u for all replies and help very much