why me!!!!!!!!!!!

oldtimer1959

Chris - very interesting position and I agree to some points. But not all :)

Dani - all I can say is that we probably have all been angry, sad and gotten the "why me's" now and then. Regardless of the whys, or who 'gave' you this disease, it's the bed of roses you are in and it is best to stay away from the thorns.

Manage yourd isease in the best possible way you can. It's OK to skip a treatment now and then, but don't create a habit out of that. You can be a rebel, but remember the 'cause' is to stay healthy. Live, love, learn and laugh. Get an education, get a job and work as long as you can - when you can't work anymore, stop working full time and either work part time or volunteer somewhere. It's a hard thing - to look at your work habits and know that you are getting run down. I'm actually dealing with that right now. I took disability for 5 years and have been back to work for the last 4; but the past 6 months have been tough on me. It may be time to go back out for a while. Quality of live must count for a lot when you sit back and take count of yourself. At the same time - dont' be careless and/or plain stupid. Don't smoke (OK, try it if you must see what you are missing, but do not do it all the time), don't get into the drug scene (and yes, I've smoke and inhaled, tried a few other things - but that's the key - I tried them). I drink on occasion and have gone overboard there as well - but not often. None of these things mixes well with your disease process or the medicines needed to control it.

Avoid germs without being in a bubble - make wise choices. You kids arelucky to have the newer meds sooner than us old farts. Hopefully you will have longerlives because you got them sooner than we did.

I do believe that if we are going to survive we have to be tougher than the average bear, but did God give us this disease because we'd learn to handle it? Nah, I don't believe he draws names out of one hat and problems out of another then matches the two up.....

I rather doubt there is any explaination or answer to the question. Genetics is a rather random concept - perhaps it's one that God hadn't fully thought out when he/she took their next step. Maybe only one or two defects in the genetic code were planned and then things just exploded from there. And maybe God didn't ealize humans were virtual bunny rabbits and would over populate, causing more twists and turns in the genetic structure than ever imangined (wonder if that is why the helixis twisted?). Did you know that we aren't suspossd to be able to get typhoid? Maybe the original Typhoid Mary was a CF'er....People with Sickle Cell are susposed to not be able to get maleria.....those are the only two I know about, but I'm sure there are others.

Well, gotta run....enjoy life, it burns useless energy being angry at the disease process - just work to keep healthy.

oldtimer1959

Dani - all I can say is that we probably have all been angry, sad and gotten the "why me's" now and then. Regardless of the whys, or who 'gave' you this disease, it's the bed of roses you are in and it is best to stay away from the thorns.

Manage yourd isease in the best possible way you can. It's OK to skip a treatment now and then, but don't create a habit out of that. You can be a rebel, but remember the 'cause' is to stay healthy. Live, love, learn and laugh. Get an education, get a job and work as long as you can - when you can't work anymore, stop working full time and either work part time or volunteer somewhere. It's a hard thing - to look at your work habits and know that you are getting run down. I'm actually dealing with that right now. I took disability for 5 years and have been back to work for the last 4; but the past 6 months have been tough on me. It may be time to go back out for a while. Quality of live must count for a lot when you sit back and take count of yourself. At the same time - dont' be careless and/or plain stupid. Don't smoke (OK, try it if you must see what you are missing, but do not do it all the time), don't get into the drug scene (and yes, I've smoke and inhaled, tried a few other things - but that's the key - I tried them). I drink on occasion and have gone overboard there as well - but not often. None of these things mixes well with your disease process or the medicines needed to control it.

Avoid germs without being in a bubble - make wise choices. You kids arelucky to have the newer meds sooner than us old farts. Hopefully you will have longerlives because you got them sooner than we did.

I do believe that if we are going to survive we have to be tougher than the average bear, but did God give us this disease because we'd learn to handle it? Nah, I don't believe he draws names out of one hat and problems out of another then matches the two up.....

I rather doubt there is any explaination or answer to the question. Genetics is a rather random concept - perhaps it's one that God hadn't fully thought out when he/she took their next step. Maybe only one or two defects in the genetic code were planned and then things just exploded from there. And maybe God didn't ealize humans were virtual bunny rabbits and would over populate, causing more twists and turns in the genetic structure than ever imangined (wonder if that is why the helixis twisted?). Did you know that we aren't suspossd to be able to get typhoid? Maybe the original Typhoid Mary was a CF'er....People with Sickle Cell are susposed to not be able to get maleria.....those are the only two I know about, but I'm sure there are others.

Well, gotta run....enjoy life, it burns useless energy being angry at the disease process - just work to keep healthy.

oldtimer1959

oldtimer1959

oldtimer1959

bananagirl

i have been having that same problem over the last year. after a lot of thinking i have decided that we have cf becasue the devil gave it to us God allows it to happen for now but one day he wont. For us that will either be the day Jesus returns to the earth or the day we die. Although Cf totaly sucks i have realized the one good thing about it. we get to die earlyer and go to heaven and in heaven there will be no more cf or doctors or hospitals or needles or g-tubes or nebies or meds or any of the suckie stuff it will be perfect. I am glad that i have cf and i dont have to wait a whole bunch of years until i get to go there. Its like the best vacation of your life ever!!!!!!!!!!!! So i say enjoy ur time on this planet as best u can and just remember that the best times are yet to come.

bananagirl

i have been having that same problem over the last year. after a lot of thinking i have decided that we have cf becasue the devil gave it to us God allows it to happen for now but one day he wont. For us that will either be the day Jesus returns to the earth or the day we die. Although Cf totaly sucks i have realized the one good thing about it. we get to die earlyer and go to heaven and in heaven there will be no more cf or doctors or hospitals or needles or g-tubes or nebies or meds or any of the suckie stuff it will be perfect. I am glad that i have cf and i dont have to wait a whole bunch of years until i get to go there. Its like the best vacation of your life ever!!!!!!!!!!!! So i say enjoy ur time on this planet as best u can and just remember that the best times are yet to come.

bananagirl

bananagirl

bananagirl

bubblez1994

i think its kinda kewl having CF cuz it makes oyu unique....
sumtimes i question too.....
it does get hard a ttimes, but otherwise...its okay....

bubblez1994

bubblez1994

bubblez1994

bubblez1994

<br />sumtimes i question too.....
<br />it does get hard a ttimes, but otherwise...its okay....

bubblez1994

bubblez1994

bubblez1994

bubblez1994

bubblez1994

<br />sumtimes i question too.....
<br />it does get hard a ttimes, but otherwise...its okay....