why not

musclemania70

Just wondering. why can't people bear children after transplant? Is it because of the drugs? Or the illness possibilities? Does anyone know????

musclemania70

Just wondering. why can't people bear children after transplant? Is it because of the drugs? Or the illness possibilities? Does anyone know????

musclemania70

mag6125

I was told during my eval that its not only due to the fact that the drugs you're on after could be bad for the baby but also because its too much strain on the body, especially with a decreased immune system.

mag6125

I was told during my eval that its not only due to the fact that the drugs you're on after could be bad for the baby but also because its too much strain on the body, especially with a decreased immune system.

mag6125

CountryGirl

I have heard the same reasons as mag6125...I also looked it up online some and found studies that showed that the FEW who did get pregnant and have children, over 80% ended up going into chronic rejection within two years of giving birth. So basically it puts women's bodies at a huge risk for going into incurable rejection...woman CAN get pregnant they're just risking death.

CountryGirl

I have heard the same reasons as mag6125...I also looked it up online some and found studies that showed that the FEW who did get pregnant and have children, over 80% ended up going into chronic rejection within two years of giving birth. So basically it puts women's bodies at a huge risk for going into incurable rejection...woman CAN get pregnant they're just risking death.

CountryGirl

coltsfan715

Also something to consider, because I have discussed this with my transplant docs. Not only the stress on the body but the carrying of a child and then the immediate after care a woman sometimes neglects themselves a little more than they would normally. Possibly a contributing factor. Otherwise I was old not to have kids because of high mortality rates within 2 yrs of having the child.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Also something to consider, because I have discussed this with my transplant docs. Not only the stress on the body but the carrying of a child and then the immediate after care a woman sometimes neglects themselves a little more than they would normally. Possibly a contributing factor. Otherwise I was old not to have kids because of high mortality rates within 2 yrs of having the child.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />Lindsey

Lex

To your point, Lindsey, having a baby and caring for that baby takes a toll on a healthy woman. I can't imagine a woman with major medical issues such as TX.

Lex

To your point, Lindsey, having a baby and caring for that baby takes a toll on a healthy woman. I can't imagine a woman with major medical issues such as TX.

Lex