why ??

Necron99

i have been reading the topics for a few days now and have noticed a nasty trend . That of CF moms attacking adult CFers. I just recently read how an adult CFer believes that how a child is parented can in some way decide the fate of the child be it good or bad. The mothers were acting as if the poster said you MOM123 are the reason your kid is doing poorly , when that is no where near the truth. Seriously we adult CFers have been through this much longer than the moms out there not saying that they dont know things but we have much more experience at this than a new diagnosed kid or their parent. Instead of saying OH IM INSULTED YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT !!. Maybe ask why and for a specific experiecne , dont rush in with your enotions on your sleave ready to tear some one a new Butt hole because they said somthing you dont want to hear. If you want to put your head in the sand like a ostritch thats fine , but dont curse at us from your hole and tell us we dont know whats goin on. I have been dealing with this diease for 31 years now , and im pretty sure i know a bit more than the moms in here . Seriously if you want to come into the adult chat and speak about adult things be prepared for the nasty reality that is CF .We dont sugar coat things so if thats what you want a candied , watered down version maybe you should stick to the moms threads or the kidiie thread , if you want to know the relity like i said then ask some one who has been through the CF ringer a time or two and if you cant take what i said please dont insult us we are your best source of knowledge

Necron99

i have been reading the topics for a few days now and have noticed a nasty trend . That of CF moms attacking adult CFers. I just recently read how an adult CFer believes that how a child is parented can in some way decide the fate of the child be it good or bad. The mothers were acting as if the poster said you MOM123 are the reason your kid is doing poorly , when that is no where near the truth. Seriously we adult CFers have been through this much longer than the moms out there not saying that they dont know things but we have much more experience at this than a new diagnosed kid or their parent. Instead of saying OH IM INSULTED YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT !!. Maybe ask why and for a specific experiecne , dont rush in with your enotions on your sleave ready to tear some one a new Butt hole because they said somthing you dont want to hear. If you want to put your head in the sand like a ostritch thats fine , but dont curse at us from your hole and tell us we dont know whats goin on. I have been dealing with this diease for 31 years now , and im pretty sure i know a bit more than the moms in here . Seriously if you want to come into the adult chat and speak about adult things be prepared for the nasty reality that is CF .We dont sugar coat things so if thats what you want a candied , watered down version maybe you should stick to the moms threads or the kidiie thread , if you want to know the relity like i said then ask some one who has been through the CF ringer a time or two and if you cant take what i said please dont insult us we are your best source of knowledge

Necron99

Necron99

Necron99

just1more

I've written a long reply, and I have deleted it.

Simply put, don't judge the board (good or bad) based upon what you have seen/read in the few days you have been here.

This is a good board, that thrives on discussion, and DIFFERING opinions. This is part of an adult board.

If you can accept this and be part of it, I'm sure a 31yr old cystic is a welcome addition, but don't be so quick to decided what we are based upon the last couple of weeks.

just1more

Simply put, don't judge the board (good or bad) based upon what you have seen/read in the few days you have been here.

This is a good board, that thrives on discussion, and DIFFERING opinions. This is part of an adult board.

If you can accept this and be part of it, I'm sure a 31yr old cystic is a welcome addition, but don't be so quick to decided what we are based upon the last couple of weeks.

just1more

just1more

just1more

<br />
<br />Simply put, don't judge the board (good or bad) based upon what you have seen/read in the few days you have been here.
<br />
<br />This is a good board, that thrives on discussion, and DIFFERING opinions. This is part of an adult board.
<br />
<br />If you can accept this and be part of it, I'm sure a 31yr old cystic is a welcome addition, but don't be so quick to decided what we are based upon the last couple of weeks.

Buckeye

Are you sure you read the post correctly - the 2nd poster on that thread you are speaking about is a MOM to a CFer, not a CFer themselves. And I haven't seen any posts lately (or ever actually that I can think of) where a MOM was attacking an adult CFer - more tend to go the other direction. Can you give some examples of recent posts?

Buckeye

Are you sure you read the post correctly - the 2nd poster on that thread you are speaking about is a MOM to a CFer, not a CFer themselves. And I haven't seen any posts lately (or ever actually that I can think of) where a MOM was attacking an adult CFer - more tend to go the other direction. Can you give some examples of recent posts?

Buckeye

Buckeye

Buckeye

M

mneville

I see where you are coming from as an adult person with CF. I think this disease is horrible and everyday as I look at my three year old son and wish for a cure, I also pray for all the older people with CF who suffer so much more. I don't how you do it because it is an overwhelming disease at times even when my son gets to benefit from all the new treatments.

I think one reason why moms of young ones with CF (such as myself) tend to have a different viewpoint is because the doctors tell us such 'wonderful things'. When A was diagnosed, it wasn't doom and gloom. It was more like "yeah, there will be roadbumps but he will live a full and normal life." Doctors are telling us very different things than 10 or 20 years ago and so I think we try to hold on to that. But I am not disillusioned about this illness and I feel sad that not everyone does as well as others or has been able to benefit from the newest treatments.

I also think being a mom to a child with CF is very different that actually having CF;two totally different experiences.

M

mneville

I see where you are coming from as an adult person with CF. I think this disease is horrible and everyday as I look at my three year old son and wish for a cure, I also pray for all the older people with CF who suffer so much more. I don't how you do it because it is an overwhelming disease at times even when my son gets to benefit from all the new treatments.

I think one reason why moms of young ones with CF (such as myself) tend to have a different viewpoint is because the doctors tell us such 'wonderful things'. When A was diagnosed, it wasn't doom and gloom. It was more like "yeah, there will be roadbumps but he will live a full and normal life." Doctors are telling us very different things than 10 or 20 years ago and so I think we try to hold on to that. But I am not disillusioned about this illness and I feel sad that not everyone does as well as others or has been able to benefit from the newest treatments.

I also think being a mom to a child with CF is very different that actually having CF;two totally different experiences.

M

mneville

M

mneville

M

mneville

<br />
<br />I think one reason why moms of young ones with CF (such as myself) tend to have a different viewpoint is because the doctors tell us such 'wonderful things'. When A was diagnosed, it wasn't doom and gloom. It was more like "yeah, there will be roadbumps but he will live a full and normal life." Doctors are telling us very different things than 10 or 20 years ago and so I think we try to hold on to that. But I am not disillusioned about this illness and I feel sad that not everyone does as well as others or has been able to benefit from the newest treatments.
<br />
<br />I also think being a mom to a child with CF is very different that actually having CF;two totally different experiences.
<br />