why ??

JORDYSMOM

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Transplantmommy</b></i>

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>JORDYSMOM</b></i>

Their mothers have been dealing with this disease longer than the adult CFers themselves have.

Stacey</end quote></div>

I find this portion of your statement untrue. The mothers and children have been dealing with it for the same amount of time. A mother cannot deal with the disease until the child is born with it (unless there are other members of the family who have it but in my families case there wasn't). I was the first one ever diagnosed with CF in my family so we have all been dealing with it for the same amount of time.</end quote></div>

Okay, even though I feel you are nit-picking at my comment, I suppose I should explain the point I was trying to make there. When you are a baby or a small child, you are not responsible for your own care. Parents take care of their childrens treatments, and educate themselves about their child's illness. In that sense, they have been dealing with it longer. You see this is the type of thing I have a problem with here. If we are going to pick apart every little statement made, we are absolutely going to find fault. I would think that you, having the benefit of being a CFer and a mom, you might understand my comments a little better.

I value the adults here very highly, and I mean no disrespect to any of them. Those who know me will understand that.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Transplantmommy</b></i>

Their mothers have been dealing with this disease longer than the adult CFers themselves have.

Stacey</end quote></div>

I find this portion of your statement untrue. The mothers and children have been dealing with it for the same amount of time. A mother cannot deal with the disease until the child is born with it (unless there are other members of the family who have it but in my families case there wasn't). I was the first one ever diagnosed with CF in my family so we have all been dealing with it for the same amount of time.</end quote></div>

Okay, even though I feel you are nit-picking at my comment, I suppose I should explain the point I was trying to make there. When you are a baby or a small child, you are not responsible for your own care. Parents take care of their childrens treatments, and educate themselves about their child's illness. In that sense, they have been dealing with it longer. You see this is the type of thing I have a problem with here. If we are going to pick apart every little statement made, we are absolutely going to find fault. I would think that you, having the benefit of being a CFer and a mom, you might understand my comments a little better.

I value the adults here very highly, and I mean no disrespect to any of them. Those who know me will understand that.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey</end quote></div>

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey</end quote>

I find this portion of your statement untrue. The mothers and children have been dealing with it for the same amount of time. A mother cannot deal with the disease until the child is born with it (unless there are other members of the family who have it but in my families case there wasn't). I was the first one ever diagnosed with CF in my family so we have all been dealing with it for the same amount of time.</end quote>

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

<br />
<br /><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>JORDYSMOM</b></i>
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Their mothers have been dealing with this disease longer than the adult CFers themselves have.
<br />
<br />Stacey</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />I find this portion of your statement untrue. The mothers and children have been dealing with it for the same amount of time. A mother cannot deal with the disease until the child is born with it (unless there are other members of the family who have it but in my families case there wasn't). I was the first one ever diagnosed with CF in my family so we have all been dealing with it for the same amount of time.</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />Okay, even though I feel you are nit-picking at my comment, I suppose I should explain the point I was trying to make there. When you are a baby or a small child, you are not responsible for your own care. Parents take care of their childrens treatments, and educate themselves about their child's illness. In that sense, they have been dealing with it longer. You see this is the type of thing I have a problem with here. If we are going to pick apart every little statement made, we are absolutely going to find fault. I would think that you, having the benefit of being a CFer and a mom, you might understand my comments a little better.
<br />
<br />I value the adults here very highly, and I mean no disrespect to any of them. Those who know me will understand that.
<br />
<br />Stacey
<br />

Transplantmommy

Well, I'm sorry that I didn't see it that way. I saw it a different way. You are right that the parents have to get the child to take their meds and do the CPT, but the child is still dealing with being sick and not understanding what is going on.

I saw it the way that I did because even though my son doesn't have CF, he is blind in his right eye and wears a prosthesis. True that I am the one who has to put it in and take it out all the time until he gets old enough to do it, but he also has to deal with me putting it in and use his vision differently than I do. Believe me, it's not fun for either of us.

I am not trying to nit pick nor was I arguing, I was just explaining that the children deal with things as long as the parents do. All you said is that the parents deal with the disease longer, you didn't say that it was the treatment aspect that the parents deal with longer. And yes, I am a CFer and a Mom so that's why I look at both sides of the spectrum.

Stacey</end quote></div>

Stacey</end quote></div>

I was not trying to nit pick. I was just pointing out that the child deals with it as long as the parents do. Now that you clarify what you were saying, you are right that the parents have to get the child to do their treatments until they are old enough to do them....but do you think that the child wants to sit there and do it? No, they don't, so they are dealing with it too.

Although my son does not have CF and I am not dealing with that, I look at both sides of the spectrum because my son is blind in his right eye and he wears a prosthesis. He and I both have to deal with that. I have to put it in and take it out until he is old enough but he has to deal with me putting it in.....that's why I said the child deals with it for as long as the parents do.

Transplantmommy

Well, I'm sorry that I didn't see it that way. I saw it a different way. You are right that the parents have to get the child to take their meds and do the CPT, but the child is still dealing with being sick and not understanding what is going on.

I saw it the way that I did because even though my son doesn't have CF, he is blind in his right eye and wears a prosthesis. True that I am the one who has to put it in and take it out all the time until he gets old enough to do it, but he also has to deal with me putting it in and use his vision differently than I do. Believe me, it's not fun for either of us.

I am not trying to nit pick nor was I arguing, I was just explaining that the children deal with things as long as the parents do. All you said is that the parents deal with the disease longer, you didn't say that it was the treatment aspect that the parents deal with longer. And yes, I am a CFer and a Mom so that's why I look at both sides of the spectrum.

Stacey</end quote></div>

Stacey</end quote></div>

I was not trying to nit pick. I was just pointing out that the child deals with it as long as the parents do. Now that you clarify what you were saying, you are right that the parents have to get the child to do their treatments until they are old enough to do them....but do you think that the child wants to sit there and do it? No, they don't, so they are dealing with it too.

Although my son does not have CF and I am not dealing with that, I look at both sides of the spectrum because my son is blind in his right eye and he wears a prosthesis. He and I both have to deal with that. I have to put it in and take it out until he is old enough but he has to deal with me putting it in.....that's why I said the child deals with it for as long as the parents do.

Transplantmommy

Stacey</end quote></div>

Stacey</end quote></div>

Transplantmommy

Stacey</end quote>

I find this portion of your statement untrue. The mothers and children have been dealing with it for the same amount of time. A mother cannot deal with the disease until the child is born with it (unless there are other members of the family who have it but in my families case there wasn't). I was the first one ever diagnosed with CF in my family so we have all been dealing with it for the same amount of time.</end quote>

Stacey</end quote>

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br /><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Transplantmommy</b></i>
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>JORDYSMOM</b></i>
<br />
<br />Well, I'm sorry that I didn't see it that way. I saw it a different way. You are right that the parents have to get the child to take their meds and do the CPT, but the child is still dealing with being sick and not understanding what is going on.
<br />
<br />I saw it the way that I did because even though my son doesn't have CF, he is blind in his right eye and wears a prosthesis. True that I am the one who has to put it in and take it out all the time until he gets old enough to do it, but he also has to deal with me putting it in and use his vision differently than I do. Believe me, it's not fun for either of us.
<br />
<br />I am not trying to nit pick nor was I arguing, I was just explaining that the children deal with things as long as the parents do. All you said is that the parents deal with the disease longer, you didn't say that it was the treatment aspect that the parents deal with longer. And yes, I am a CFer and a Mom so that's why I look at both sides of the spectrum.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Their mothers have been dealing with this disease longer than the adult CFers themselves have.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Stacey</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />I find this portion of your statement untrue. The mothers and children have been dealing with it for the same amount of time. A mother cannot deal with the disease until the child is born with it (unless there are other members of the family who have it but in my families case there wasn't). I was the first one ever diagnosed with CF in my family so we have all been dealing with it for the same amount of time.</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Okay, even though I feel you are nit-picking at my comment, I suppose I should explain the point I was trying to make there. When you are a baby or a small child, you are not responsible for your own care. Parents take care of their childrens treatments, and educate themselves about their child's illness. In that sense, they have been dealing with it longer. You see this is the type of thing I have a problem with here. If we are going to pick apart every little statement made, we are absolutely going to find fault. I would think that you, having the benefit of being a CFer and a mom, you might understand my comments a little better.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />I value the adults here very highly, and I mean no disrespect to any of them. Those who know me will understand that.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Stacey</end quote>
<br />
<br />I was not trying to nit pick. I was just pointing out that the child deals with it as long as the parents do. Now that you clarify what you were saying, you are right that the parents have to get the child to do their treatments until they are old enough to do them....but do you think that the child wants to sit there and do it? No, they don't, so they are dealing with it too.
<br />
<br />Although my son does not have CF and I am not dealing with that, I look at both sides of the spectrum because my son is blind in his right eye and he wears a prosthesis. He and I both have to deal with that. I have to put it in and take it out until he is old enough but he has to deal with me putting it in.....that's why I said the child deals with it for as long as the parents do.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

mamerth

Let's be careful... The issue as I see it is that we can all provided different perspectives into the illness-- a mom/dad/grandparent with a child with Cf -- aka the caregiver and the CFer-- aka the patient (kid, teenager or adult). We all bring different things to the "table". Let's share what we know (we may not always agree) and learn from each other.

We need to know that we might have some different opinions... expect it, embrace it. I have learned so much from fellow CFers and mom's of CFers here. I am more healthy because of them.

I like to know that when I post a question on the forum or in my blog that I am going to get all different views-- views from CFers and views from mom's of CFers. I am so thankful for both views.

Folks, let's not get sidetracked. Let's press on TOGETHER. Let's help each other from whatever side we are seeing/living this disease (patient or caregiver).

mamerth

Let's be careful... The issue as I see it is that we can all provided different perspectives into the illness-- a mom/dad/grandparent with a child with Cf -- aka the caregiver and the CFer-- aka the patient (kid, teenager or adult). We all bring different things to the "table". Let's share what we know (we may not always agree) and learn from each other.

We need to know that we might have some different opinions... expect it, embrace it. I have learned so much from fellow CFers and mom's of CFers here. I am more healthy because of them.

I like to know that when I post a question on the forum or in my blog that I am going to get all different views-- views from CFers and views from mom's of CFers. I am so thankful for both views.

Folks, let's not get sidetracked. Let's press on TOGETHER. Let's help each other from whatever side we are seeing/living this disease (patient or caregiver).

mamerth

mamerth

mamerth

<br />
<br />We need to know that we might have some different opinions... expect it, embrace it. I have learned so much from fellow CFers and mom's of CFers here. I am more healthy because of them.
<br />
<br />I like to know that when I post a question on the forum or in my blog that I am going to get all different views-- views from CFers and views from mom's of CFers. I am so thankful for both views.
<br />
<br />Folks, let's not get sidetracked. Let's press on TOGETHER. Let's help each other from whatever side we are seeing/living this disease (patient or caregiver).

Z

zeeannie

As a mom of a child with CF I know what it's like to worry about and take care of a child with CF. I will never know what it's like to have it or what it's like to deal with it. That's why I read the Adult forum. You've been through things that my child may or may not also experience, but at least I'll be educated. We, as parents, deal with our feelings on the subject differently. I want to learn. Some days I'm ready to deal with the hard stuff, so I do. Other days I'm not so I avoid those topics that look tough. I respect that people come here to vent the good and the bad and appreciate that this is one of the only places a CF'r can get some understanding. You should be free to say anything you want in that regard. This should be a safe place. When you do that I get some perspective on what my daughter might be feeling, good or bad. If other Mom's are having trouble accepting that, it might be helpful imagining their own child as an adult and what would that adult child do in the same situation. I'd want something like this board for my daughter to vent without having to be sensitive to someone who is not ready to hear about how she feels. Non CF Moms still have the choice not to read it.

Z

zeeannie

As a mom of a child with CF I know what it's like to worry about and take care of a child with CF. I will never know what it's like to have it or what it's like to deal with it. That's why I read the Adult forum. You've been through things that my child may or may not also experience, but at least I'll be educated. We, as parents, deal with our feelings on the subject differently. I want to learn. Some days I'm ready to deal with the hard stuff, so I do. Other days I'm not so I avoid those topics that look tough. I respect that people come here to vent the good and the bad and appreciate that this is one of the only places a CF'r can get some understanding. You should be free to say anything you want in that regard. This should be a safe place. When you do that I get some perspective on what my daughter might be feeling, good or bad. If other Mom's are having trouble accepting that, it might be helpful imagining their own child as an adult and what would that adult child do in the same situation. I'd want something like this board for my daughter to vent without having to be sensitive to someone who is not ready to hear about how she feels. Non CF Moms still have the choice not to read it.

Z

zeeannie

Z

zeeannie

Z

zeeannie