Winning with CF: Tools, Tips, and Tactics for Raising Healthier Kids

LisaGreene

This message is updated to reflect current info:
Hi All, Dr. Cline and I have scheduled our 2012 teleclass for CF parents. I hope you can join us! It's a wonderful class. Here's the scoop: Wouldn't it be nice to know about the potholes in the road of life with cystic fibrosis so you can avoid them? A new teleclass starts on Feb 1st, 2012 which will help you along the way. Discover how to: . Motivate children to make wise choices about food and medication. . Put an end to power struggles, arguing, whining, and complaining. . Prevent behavior problems before they start. . Promote responsibility without nagging, lecturing, yelling, or bribing. . Recognize and avoid common parenting traps. . Handle resistance to medication and medical treatments. . Adapt your parenting responses to the different ages of your child's development. . Talk about difficult issues such as life expectancy or negative medical information. . Prepare your child for the transition into the adult medical system. Start early! . Raise confidant, responsible kids with high coping skills. . Increase the odds that your child will lead a healthier, happy life. VISIT: www.WinningWithCF.com Foster Cline, MD is a well-known child psychiatrist, co-creator of the popular Love and Logic parenting program and best-selling author. Lisa Greene is a parenting educator and mother of two children with cystic fibrosis. They have teamed up to adapt Love and Logic's powerful- yet simple-parenting tools to the challenges of raising kids with special healthcare needs. This class is based on their award-winning book "Parenting Children with Health Issues". Their message is: "You can do it!" After this entertaining and informative teleclass, you'll have lots of practical new parenting tools plus a lighter step and hope for the future. For CF caregivers of kids of all ages. DATES: Seven Weeks: February 1st to March 14th, 2012 TIMES: Wednesdays; 5:00-7:00 pm Pacific, 6:00- 8:00 pm Mountain; 7:00- 9:00 pm Central; 8:00- 10:00 pm Eastern LOCATION: In the comfort of your own home via Teleclass* COST: $59.00 per person/couple Limited partial scholarships are available. TO REGISTER: . Call Lisa Greene at (425) 891-2842 . Send Lisa an email at WinningWithCF@gmail.com . Register online at www.WinningWithCF.com. This is a seven week, 2 hour teleclass for parents/ guardians of children with cystic fibrosis. The tuition fee covers the cost of materials and seven class sessions of live instruction and interaction with other CF parents. We hope you can join us! This class is only offered once a year. Please feel free to call or send a note with any questions. Sincerely, Lisa Greene and Foster Cline MD Parenting Children with Health Issues *Please note: This class uses a combo of telephone and internet instruction. The long-distance fees from your own telephone carrier are not included in the tuition cost. © 2008-2011 by Foster Cline MD and Lisa Greene. All rights reserved. Class teachings are subject to change at the discretion of the instructor. This information is not meant to replace professional medical or mental health care.

LisaGreene

This message isupdated to reflect current info:
Hi All, Dr. Cline and I have scheduledour 2012 teleclass for CF parents. I hope you can join us! It's a wonderful class. Here's the scoop: Wouldn't it be nice to know about the potholes in the road of life with cystic fibrosis so you can avoid them? A new teleclass starts on Feb 1st, 2012 which will help you along the way. Discover how to: . Motivate children to make wise choices about food and medication. . Put an end to power struggles, arguing, whining, and complaining. . Prevent behavior problems before they start. . Promote responsibility without nagging, lecturing, yelling, or bribing. . Recognize and avoid common parenting traps. . Handle resistance to medication and medical treatments. . Adapt your parenting responses to the different ages of your child's development. . Talk about difficult issues such as life expectancy or negative medical information. . Prepare your child for the transition into the adult medical system. Start early! . Raise confidant, responsible kids with high coping skills. . Increase the odds that your child will lead a healthier, happy life. VISIT: www.WinningWithCF.com Foster Cline, MD is a well-known child psychiatrist, co-creator of the popular Love and Logic parenting program and best-selling author. Lisa Greene is a parenting educator and mother of two children with cystic fibrosis. They have teamed up to adapt Love and Logic's powerful- yet simple-parenting tools to the challenges of raising kids with special healthcare needs. This class is based on their award-winning book "Parenting Children with Health Issues". Their message is: "You can do it!" After this entertaining and informative teleclass, you'll have lots of practical new parenting tools plus a lighter step and hope for the future. For CF caregivers of kids of all ages. DATES: Seven Weeks: February 1st to March 14th, 2012 TIMES: Wednesdays; 5:00-7:00 pm Pacific, 6:00- 8:00 pm Mountain; 7:00- 9:00 pm Central; 8:00- 10:00 pm Eastern LOCATION: In the comfort of your own home via Teleclass* COST: $59.00 per person/couple Limited partial scholarships are available. TO REGISTER: . Call Lisa Greene at (425) 891-2842 . Send Lisa an email at WinningWithCF@gmail.com . Register online at www.WinningWithCF.com. This is a seven week, 2 hour teleclass for parents/ guardians of children with cystic fibrosis. The tuition fee covers the cost of materials and seven class sessions of live instruction and interaction with other CF parents. We hope you can join us! This class is only offered once a year. Please feel free to call or send a note with any questions. Sincerely, Lisa Greene and Foster Cline MD Parenting Children with Health Issues *Please note: This class uses a combo of telephone and internet instruction. The long-distance fees from your own telephone carrier are not included in the tuition cost. © 2008-2011 by Foster Cline MD and Lisa Greene. All rights reserved. Class teachings are subject to change at the discretion of the instructor. This information is not meant to replace professional medical or mental health care.

LisaGreene

<p>This message isupdated to reflect current info:
<p>Hi All, <br />Dr. Cline and I have scheduledour 2012 teleclass for CF parents. I hope you can join us! It's a wonderful class. Here's the scoop: <br /><br />Wouldn't it be nice to know about the potholes in the road of life with cystic fibrosis so you can avoid them? A new teleclass starts on Feb 1st, 2012 which will help you along the way. <br /><br />Discover how to: <br />. Motivate children to make wise choices about food and medication. <br />. Put an end to power struggles, arguing, whining, and complaining. <br />. Prevent behavior problems before they start. <br />. Promote responsibility without nagging, lecturing, yelling, or bribing. <br />. Recognize and avoid common parenting traps. <br />. Handle resistance to medication and medical treatments. <br />. Adapt your parenting responses to the different ages of your child's development. <br />. Talk about difficult issues such as life expectancy or negative medical information. <br />. Prepare your child for the transition into the adult medical system. Start early! <br />. Raise confidant, responsible kids with high coping skills. <br />. Increase the odds that your child will lead a healthier, happy life. <br /><br />VISIT: www.WinningWithCF.com <br /><br />Foster Cline, MD is a well-known child psychiatrist, co-creator of the popular Love and Logic parenting program and best-selling author. Lisa Greene is a parenting educator and mother of two children with cystic fibrosis. <br /><br />They have teamed up to adapt Love and Logic's powerful- yet simple-parenting tools to the challenges of raising kids with special healthcare needs. This class is based on their award-winning book "Parenting Children with Health Issues". <br /><br />Their message is: "You can do it!" After this entertaining and informative teleclass, you'll have lots of practical new parenting tools plus a lighter step and hope for the future. For CF caregivers of kids of all ages. <br /><br />DATES: Seven Weeks: February 1st to March 14th, 2012 <br /><br />TIMES: Wednesdays; 5:00-7:00 pm Pacific, 6:00- 8:00 pm Mountain; 7:00- 9:00 pm Central; 8:00- 10:00 pm Eastern <br /><br />LOCATION: In the comfort of your own home via Teleclass* <br /><br />COST: $59.00 per person/couple <br />Limited partial scholarships are available. <br /><br />TO REGISTER: <br />. Call Lisa Greene at (425) 891-2842 <br />. Send Lisa an email at WinningWithCF@gmail.com <br />. Register online at www.WinningWithCF.com. <br /><br />This is a seven week, 2 hour teleclass for parents/ guardians of children with cystic fibrosis. The tuition fee covers the cost of materials and seven class sessions of live instruction and interaction with other CF parents. <br /><br />We hope you can join us! This class is only offered once a year. Please feel free to call or send a note with any questions. <br /><br />Sincerely, <br />Lisa Greene and Foster Cline MD <br />Parenting Children with Health Issues <br /><br />*Please note: This class uses a combo of telephone and internet instruction. The long-distance fees from your own telephone carrier are not included in the tuition cost. <br /><br />© 2008-2011 by Foster Cline MD and Lisa Greene. All rights reserved. Class teachings are subject to change at the discretion of the instructor. This information is not meant to replace professional medical or mental health care.

LisaGreene

Winning with CF: Tools, Tips, and Tactics for Raising Healthier Kidstm

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 11pt;">
<span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;">Save the Date for 2012!
<span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;">This class is finished and was a great success! (See the note below from a participant shared with permission.)
<strong><span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;">The next class is scheduled for: FEB 1st to MARCH 14th, 2012</strong>
<span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">Times:<span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"> Wednesdays; 5:00-7:00 pm Pacific, 6:00- 8:00 pm Mountain; 7:00- 9:00 pm Central; 8:00- 10:00 pm EasternLink with details: <a href="http://www.happyheartfamilies.citymax.com/winningClasses.html"><span style="color: black;">http://www.happyheartfamilies.citymax.com/winningClasses.html</a>
<span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">I hope you can join us in 2012!
<span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;">Dear Lisa, 
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;">I just want to let you know that I am finding this class very helpful. I have been struggling with a lot of the very issues you discussed. Having to follow the CF medical regimen which is so demanding and harsh sometime feels like child abuse.
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"> 
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;">One time I left the window open and the kids were yelling "I don’t want to do it, leave me alone" and my neighbors called the police! I had patrol car pull up outside my house with lights flashing and had 2 armed police officers come to the door and ask to see what was going on. I brought them in and showed them the vest and all the medical paraphernalia and explained that the kids did not want to do it. My wife and I were totally mortified. Fortunately, we don't live in that neighborhood anymore.
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1;"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"> 
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;">The "giving control to get control" and "enforceable statements" concepts are
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;">very empowering. It is 100%<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  on target.
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1;"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"> 
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;">Thank you very much for organizing this.
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1;"><span style="font-size: small;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> Pat Conway

LisaGreene

<span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;">Save the Date for 2012!
<span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;">This class is finished and was a great success! (See the note below from a participant shared with permission.)
<strong><span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;">The next class is scheduled for: FEB 1st to MARCH 14th, 2012</strong>
<span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">Times:<span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"> Wednesdays;5:00-7:00pm Pacific,6:00- 8:00 pmMountain; 7:00- 9:00 pmCentral; 8:00- 10:00 pm EasternLink with details: <a href="http://www.happyheartfamilies.citymax.com/winningClasses.html"><span style="color: black;">http://www.happyheartfamilies.citymax.com/winningClasses.html</a>
<span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">I hope you can join us in 2012!
<span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;">Dear Lisa,
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;">I just want to let you know that I am finding this class very helpful. I have been struggling with a lot of the very issues you discussed. Having to follow the CF medical regimen which is so demanding and harsh sometime feels like child abuse.
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;">
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;">One time I left the window open and the kids were yelling "I don’t want to do it, leave me alone" and my neighbors called the police! I had patrol car pull up outside my house with lights flashing and had 2 armed police officers come to the door and ask to see what was going on. I brought them in and showed them the vest and all the medical paraphernalia and explained that the kids did not want to do it. My wife and I were totally mortified. Fortunately, we don't live in that neighborhood anymore.
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;">The "giving control to get control" and "enforceable statements" concepts are
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;">very empowering. It is 100%<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> on target.
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;">Thank you very much for organizing this.
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1;"><span style="font-size: small;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">Pat Conway

LisaGreene

<p><span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 11pt;">
<p><span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;">Save the Date for 2012!
<p><span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;">This class is finished and was a great success! (See the note below from a participant shared with permission.)
<p><strong><span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;">The next class is scheduled for: FEB 1st to MARCH 14th, 2012</strong>
<p><span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">Times:<span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"> Wednesdays;5:00-7:00pm Pacific,6:00- 8:00 pmMountain; 7:00- 9:00 pmCentral; 8:00- 10:00 pm Eastern<br /><br />Link with details: <a href="http://www.happyheartfamilies.citymax.com/winningClasses.html"><span style="color: black;">http://www.happyheartfamilies.citymax.com/winningClasses.html</a>
<p><span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">I hope you can join us in 2012!
<p><span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;">very empowering. It is 100%<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> on target.
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1;"><span style="font-size: small;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">Pat Conway
<p>

<p>

<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>