Women-pain around ovulation

mamaScarlett

I'm getting my period back again, since having the baby.<br>Prior to that, almost every month I would get pain in my right side every month around the time I'd ovulate (2 weeks or so before my period). <br>It got to be so frequent that last year, I went for a full workup. CT, ultrasounds. They found nothing. Nothing on my ovaries, or kidneys. I do have a bend in my lower intestines, and its around that same spot, where stool seems to get trapped. I'm wondering if it could possibly be related to that, like the ovary or tissues swelling around ovulation time, and it just getting sensitive. Or if its hormone related, to my kidneys even. I'm stumped.<br>Many docs, cf and not cf have told me that digestion and intestinal disturbances are related to hormones. (why some ladies get diahrrea during their period, and nausea during pregnancy)<br><br>Anyone else ever have anything weird like this??? Its really painful! When I was younger I never had pain during ovulation-and it doesn't switch sides each month, its only that one right side.<br>

mamaScarlett

I'm getting my period back again, since having the baby.<br>Prior to that, almost every month I would get pain in my right side every month around the time I'd ovulate (2 weeks or so before my period). <br>It got to be so frequent that last year, I went for a full workup. CT, ultrasounds. They found nothing. Nothing on my ovaries, or kidneys. I do have a bend in my lower intestines, and its around that same spot, where stool seems to get trapped. I'm wondering if it could possibly be related to that, like the ovary or tissues swelling around ovulation time, and it just getting sensitive. Or if its hormone related, to my kidneys even. I'm stumped.<br>Many docs, cf and not cf have told me that digestion and intestinal disturbances are related to hormones. (why some ladies get diahrrea during their period, and nausea during pregnancy)<br><br>Anyone else ever have anything weird like this??? Its really painful! When I was younger I never had pain during ovulation-and it doesn't switch sides each month, its only that one right side.<br>

mamaScarlett

mamerth

I have more trouble since I gave birth 10 years ago. More pain! More cramping at ovulation, more cramping during my period. I get digestive issues between ovulation and the start of my period. My hormones seem to be mess the past 6 months... hot flashes, longer cycles. Mine pain usually switches sides each month. I have more digestive issues as I get older... overall.

mamerth

I have more trouble since I gave birth 10 years ago. More pain! More cramping at ovulation, more cramping during my period. I get digestive issues between ovulation and the start of my period. My hormones seem to be mess the past 6 months... hot flashes, longer cycles. Mine pain usually switches sides each month. I have more digestive issues as I get older... overall.

mamerth

fallenarches

Before I had kids I always had this...sure made getting pregnant easy. I don't think it is uncommon at all to have ovulation pain. Since kids, no pain, no cramps, nothing...very nice.

fallenarches

Before I had kids I always had this...sure made getting pregnant easy. I don't think it is uncommon at all to have ovulation pain. Since kids, no pain, no cramps, nothing...very nice.

fallenarches

K

Keepercjr

I get ovulation pains - some months I notice nothing, some months it is quite painful for a day or so. I never noticed them before having my son. (then again I was on birth control for a number of years). How long does your pain last? If it is just a day then it is probably ovulation related. It is possible that your left ovary doesn't function so your right one does all the work.

K

Keepercjr

I get ovulation pains - some months I notice nothing, some months it is quite painful for a day or so. I never noticed them before having my son. (then again I was on birth control for a number of years). How long does your pain last? If it is just a day then it is probably ovulation related. It is possible that your left ovary doesn't function so your right one does all the work.

K

Keepercjr

imported_Momto2

Until I was about 35, I got pretty severe pain in my lower rt quadrant around the time I ovulated. Very close to the appendix, but that wasnt it. Had complete workup, didnt find anything. When I lost some weight and started working out every single day, I've only had painful ovulation roughly 1-2 times a year. Much better than every single month. So....you're not alone in this. : )

I've also had on and off symptoms of menopause since I was about 30......they've been a lot better lately too though.

imported_Momto2

Until I was about 35, I got pretty severe pain in my lower rt quadrant around the time I ovulated. Very close to the appendix, but that wasnt it. Had complete workup, didnt find anything. When I lost some weight and started working out every single day, I've only had painful ovulation roughly 1-2 times a year. Much better than every single month. So....you're not alone in this. : )

I've also had on and off symptoms of menopause since I was about 30......they've been a lot better lately too though.

imported_Momto2

<br />
<br />I've also had on and off symptoms of menopause since I was about 30......they've been a lot better lately too though.

mamaScarlett

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Momto2</b></i>

I've also had on and off symptoms of menopause since I was about 30......they've been a lot better lately too though.</end quote></div><br><br>I already had my appdx out. But whats funny is that this began the year it was taken out. And I have about 12 staples still inside. Since the pain is on the same side of course that makes me think perhaps everything just got shifted down there a bit, or its just sensitive. I know that seems like a stretch, but I never had this pain until around that time. <br>Who knows?<br><br>

mamaScarlett

I've also had on and off symptoms of menopause since I was about 30......they've been a lot better lately too though.</end quote><br><br>I already had my appdx out. But whats funny is that this began the year it was taken out. And I have about 12 staples still inside. Since the pain is on the same side of course that makes me think perhaps everything just got shifted down there a bit, or its just sensitive. I know that seems like a stretch, but I never had this pain until around that time. <br>Who knows?<br><br>

mamaScarlett

I've also had on and off symptoms of menopause since I was about 30......they've been a lot better lately too though.</end quote><br><br>I already had my appdx out. But whats funny is that this began the year it was taken out. And I have about 12 staples still inside. Since the pain is on the same side of course that makes me think perhaps everything just got shifted down there a bit, or its just sensitive. I know that seems like a stretch, but I never had this pain until around that time. <br>Who knows?<br><br>