Women-- Where to do find jeans??

bloggymom

Ladies, where do you find well fitting jeans?? I have tried men's jeans but they just don't fit right. Teenage jeans are highly inappropriate for this middle aged woman.
From all the coughing, tummy issues and an un-lovely hernia I am not skinny by any stretch of the imagination. I have been tempted to buy maternity pants just so that I have some flexibility when I have bad tummy days. I have been wearing lots of leggings and swiping long shirts from hubby's closet.

Any one have any suggestions??

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
I actually love Old Navy "sweatheart" jeans. They are mid-rise (not low-rise) and are cut to curve. LandsEnd and Talbots also have ones that are more appropriate for women, but pricer.

Melissa75

Administrator
One of my favorite pairs of jeans are Old Navy "Diva" bootcut dark wash. It's lower rise than Sweetheart, but I can bend over with no exposure.
That said, I'm pretty dependent on long tanks tops that cost about $7 at Old Navy. I wear them under regular shirts, and they provide extra coverage for the gut and the butt.

rtorres25

Pajama Jeans! I live in them. I really don't think anyone can tell. I have teenaged daughters and they assure me they look fine. They run big. I'm a size 14 and wear a medium. They make me feel so much more dressed than the warmups/track suits I had been wearing all winter.

triples15

Super Moderator
Pajama Jeans! I live in them. I really don't think anyone can tell. I have teenaged daughters and they assure me they look fine. They run big. I'm a size 14 and wear a medium. They make me feel so much more dressed than the warmups/track suits I had been wearing all winter.

This.

Nope, your teenagers are not lying to you. ;)

To be honest, I laughed when I first saw the commercials and thought they looked absolutely ridiculous. Now my mom has a pair and they honestly look like a nice, dark wash jean. I have yet to try them myself, but I do know my mom has worn them several times and I have to ask if they are the pajama jeans because I can't tell them apart from regular jeans.

They are probably worth a try Carrie! Let us know if you do!

Take Care,

Autumn

bloggymom

They look cute. I might wait to see if the price goes down (Yes, I am cheap). I just get so frustrated the way jeans flt my CF bod (pinch and bind) . If I can't find any, I might just have to stick with skirts and knit pants.

triples15

Super Moderator
Lol Carrie, I'm cheap too!

I know Bed Bath and Beyond carries them and I always have those 20% off coupons. If you have a BB & B around you could check it out. :)

beleache

I have similar problems. I have bought the strechie skinny jeans which i love. I also bought a pair of bell bottom maternity jeans that look great on me ! I didn't want to go that route but finally did & as long as the shirt/sweater is long enough its fine :)

jaimers

Super Moderator
I buy jeans at Forever 21. they are not made for longevity (quality is not the highest) but I've washed mine multiple times and they are fine. they also only set me back $10.80 so no complaints. they are thin denim with lots of stretch including in the waistband and lots of different washes/colors/patterns, etc. to choose from. they carry sizes 00-20. they are all skinny jeans but in my experience aren't second-skin tight skinny (at least on me and my legs aren't super skinny--i have calf muscles from working out).

CyrilCrodius

I know you said that you're not skinny, but in case someone skinny reads this thread, there are some stores I like to call "Anorexic stores", where they sell very very small sizes that probably only fit anorexic teenage girls and CFers. One of them is Stitches.

I know you're looking for jeans, but the pants I wear the most are Yoga pants and Fisherman pants from http://thaicraftwarehouse.com/tcwList.php?cattreeid=24 they are ample, comfy, fit any size.
I wear them as pajama pants and as normal pants.

Sorry for all the offtopic :x