Working with COVID

Megw212

Hello!
You are gonna think I’m nuts—but I’m asking about working...with patients ..while this virus is still here!
A serious question -I’m an outpatient physical therapist I need to give my employer reasonable grounds for returning to work, I.e. on what grounds is it safe for me to go back? If I give a timeframe too far out, eventually they’ll need to fill my spot. Due to the long-term nature of this virus, has anyone ran into this problem with work? What were your solutions ?
Please stay well!
M.K.

Imogene

Administrator
M.K.
Our other hats here at cysticfibrosis.com is that we run a Physical Therapy clinic here in Cedar Grove NJ. Solutions are NOT easy. PT is High Touch as you know. Most outpatient PT patients are staying home now. Hopefully, in the future there will be a great need to get those who need PT back in shape. I don't think that the US government is allowing for physical therapists to get paid for telemedicine, but the APTA is having us push for that. I say stay close to the professional organization and watch for when PT becomes part of telemedicine too. We are all holding tight for now. Reach out to me at info@cysticfibrosis.com to stay in touch.
Salt and Light,
Imogene

Imogene

Administrator
Joining APTA on Facebook to find out more about telehealth Watch the video I put up from Dr. Dave Price