yearly bronchs

jess423

<BR>My 8 year old daughter has cf and I was wondering if anyone's cf center performed yearly bronchs.

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
Our center does not do yearly bronchs. My daughter is almost 14 (diagnosed at 8) and has never had a bronch done. I think the only reason they would do one, was if she was not responding as expected to treatment.

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
Our center does not do yearly bronchs. My daughter is almost 14 (diagnosed at 8) and has never had a bronch done. I think the only reason they would do one, was if she was not responding as expected to treatment.

2005CFmom

Super Moderator

jess423

The only time she has been sick cf related was birth to 1 year. She has not been sick at all since she was 3. Everyone that goes to this cf center has yearly bronchs as theraputic to clear airways. They say that it has been proven that they will get fewer lung infections this way.

jess423

The only time she has been sick cf related was birth to 1 year. She has not been sick at all since she was 3. Everyone that goes to this cf center has yearly bronchs as theraputic to clear airways. They say that it has been proven that they will get fewer lung infections this way.

jess423

mag6125

I never had a bronch until I was 18 and I was diagnosed at 3 months old. I'm almost 23 and I have yet to have another bronch since that first one.

mag6125

I never had a bronch until I was 18 and I was diagnosed at 3 months old. I'm almost 23 and I have yet to have another bronch since that first one.

mag6125

LouLou

I'd ask to see the studies on this practice. And decline it until you reach your own decision. Bronch's can introduce infection. I am 32 and have never had one. I asked my doctor if he wished he could do one on me and he said he would only suggest it if we were treating me with antibiotics that my bacteria showed sensitivity to and I was not responding. He would do it to find out what was going on in there that the sputum sample or annual xray was not showing. Same thing for CT Scan. He doesn't do this test yearly for radiation exposure reasons. What center is this and is it just one doctor or the whole group?

LouLou

I'd ask to see the studies on this practice. And decline it until you reach your own decision. Bronch's can introduce infection. I am 32 and have never had one. I asked my doctor if he wished he could do one on me and he said he would only suggest it if we were treating me with antibiotics that my bacteria showed sensitivity to and I was not responding. He would do it to find out what was going on in there that the sputum sample or annual xray was not showing. Same thing for CT Scan. He doesn't do this test yearly for radiation exposure reasons. What center is this and is it just one doctor or the whole group?

LouLou

<br />

flatfordl

Yes, our clinic does yearly bronchs. But we can decline to have one if we want. Our clinic follows the same principle as yours, that they are a form of therapy and a way to keep a close eye on the effects of the disease on the childs lungs.

flatfordl

Yes, our clinic does yearly bronchs. But we can decline to have one if we want. Our clinic follows the same principle as yours, that they are a form of therapy and a way to keep a close eye on the effects of the disease on the childs lungs.

flatfordl

<br />
<br />

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS hasn't had a bronch; however, he has had a couple lung scans which involves nebbing some "contrast" and then going thru ct scan.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS hasn't had a bronch; however, he has had a couple lung scans which involves nebbing some "contrast" and then going thru ct scan.