yearly bronchs

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS hasn't had a bronch; however, he has had a couple lung scans which involves nebbing some "contrast" and then going thru ct scan.

bmombtoo

Josh has atypical symptoms and has never had a bronch. He was going to have one during his hospital stay to see what he was growing down there. However they were unable to get him in the OR by day three of antibiotics. He was finally to have a bronch this past Monday. However his lung functions had improved by e points (61 to 62) and they decided that the antibiotics were working and did not do the bronch. the doctor did say that he would most likely have to have a bronch one day but not yet. We go to the CF clinic at Hopkins and she made it sound as if it is only done to culture when you are very sick (lung functions way down) to help them decide the best course of treatment and to sunction out any muscus if possible.

bmombtoo

Josh has atypical symptoms and has never had a bronch. He was going to have one during his hospital stay to see what he was growing down there. However they were unable to get him in the OR by day three of antibiotics. He was finally to have a bronch this past Monday. However his lung functions had improved by e points (61 to 62) and they decided that the antibiotics were working and did not do the bronch. the doctor did say that he would most likely have to have a bronch one day but not yet. We go to the CF clinic at Hopkins and she made it sound as if it is only done to culture when you are very sick (lung functions way down) to help them decide the best course of treatment and to sunction out any muscus if possible.

bmombtoo

petnurse

Our center does not. My son is only two but he has never had one. They only do them as needed if an infection is not responding to drugs.

petnurse

Our center does not. My son is only two but he has never had one. They only do them as needed if an infection is not responding to drugs.

petnurse

<BR>Our center does not. My son is only two but he has never had one. They only do them as needed if an infection is not responding to drugs.

hmw

Emily is having a bronch done on Friday for the first time, but her center does not perform them on a routine basis- only if there is specific need for it. In her case, her lung function has declined over the course of the last year and we have not been able to figure out why. We want to see if she's growing something that she hasn't given us on a routine sputum culture, etc. We were warned that this can introduce something new ...I wouldn't want her to have one w/o clear need.

hmw

Emily is having a bronch done on Friday for the first time, but her center does not perform them on a routine basis- only if there is specific need for it. In her case, her lung function has declined over the course of the last year and we have not been able to figure out why. We want to see if she's growing something that she hasn't given us on a routine sputum culture, etc. We were warned that this can introduce something new ...I wouldn't want her to have one w/o clear need.

hmw