Young children with asthma, adult with CF, cross contamination

Pebbles8

My husband (age 24) has cystic fibrosis. We are looking into adopting children from foster care.

Some of the children have severe asthma.

My husband has had a positive sputum test for PA once years ago but his infection must not be real bad because the sputum tests since then have come back negative.

I was wondering if the bugs my husband harbors and may harbor in the future would harm toddlers with severe asthma. Would a different home be better for them?

We aren't adopting children yet, just looking through profiles and talking about what would be the best match for our family.

My husband is relatively healthy for a 24 year old with CF, stable FEV1 ~80 and doesn't need enzymes. Although we do realize CF is a progressive disease and he has the double delta 508 mutation.

Pebbles8

My husband (age 24) has cystic fibrosis. We are looking into adopting children from foster care.

Some of the children have severe asthma.

My husband has had a positive sputum test for PA once years ago but his infection must not be real bad because the sputum tests since then have come back negative.

I was wondering if the bugs my husband harbors and may harbor in the future would harm toddlers with severe asthma. Would a different home be better for them?

We aren't adopting children yet, just looking through profiles and talking about what would be the best match for our family.

My husband is relatively healthy for a 24 year old with CF, stable FEV1 ~80 and doesn't need enzymes. Although we do realize CF is a progressive disease and he has the double delta 508 mutation.

Pebbles8

<br />
<br />Some of the children have severe asthma.
<br />
<br />My husband has had a positive sputum test for PA once years ago but his infection must not be real bad because the sputum tests since then have come back negative.
<br />
<br />I was wondering if the bugs my husband harbors and may harbor in the future would harm toddlers with severe asthma. Would a different home be better for them?
<br />
<br />We aren't adopting children yet, just looking through profiles and talking about what would be the best match for our family.
<br />
<br />My husband is relatively healthy for a 24 year old with CF, stable FEV1 ~80 and doesn't need enzymes. Although we do realize CF is a progressive disease and he has the double delta 508 mutation.