your experience with cf centers in california

quirkykid

i am relocating. i would like to hear your experiences with centers in California. especially usc and stanford. thx!

quirkykid

i am relocating. i would like to hear your experiences with centers in California. especially usc and stanford. thx!

kitomd21

Hi there - we only have experience with UCD and Sutter Sacramento. We weren't happy with UCD and switched to Sutter...good luck to you!

kitomd21

Hi there - we only have experience with UCD and Sutter Sacramento. We weren't happy with UCD and switched to Sutter...good luck to you!

L

ladeedah

My daughter was diagnosed at age 6 and she is now 24. She has always gone the the Long Beach CF Clinic (in Southern California) and received excellent care. I personally think that Stanford is one of the top CF clinics as I follow their educational conferences on USTREAM: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cfri-live-cf-discovery-series. This is an wonderful series of CF lectures. Take a look and this may give you an idea of what Stanford has to offer. I do believe that they also have a website for their CF clinic.

L

ladeedah

My daughter was diagnosed at age 6 and she is now 24. She has always gone the the Long Beach CF Clinic (in Southern California) and received excellent care. I personally think that Stanford is one of the top CF clinics as I follow their educational conferences on USTREAM: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cfri-live-cf-discovery-series. This is an wonderful series of CF lectures. Take a look and this may give you an idea of what Stanford has to offer. I do believe that they also have a website for their CF clinic.

holmbers1

Hi! My hubby went to USC med ctr about 8 years ago before we moved to AZ. The adult cf doc he had is no longer there-but the center itself is fantastic. They were always wonderful to deal with. And if ever hospitalized-it's a pretty good hospital. I remember the pharmacist there always worked closely with the doc and even got to know my husband pretty well. I highly recommend USC.

holmbers1

Hi! My hubby went to USC med ctr about 8 years ago before we moved to AZ. The adult cf doc he had is no longer there-but the center itself is fantastic. They were always wonderful to deal with. And if ever hospitalized-it's a pretty good hospital. I remember the pharmacist there always worked closely with the doc and even got to know my husband pretty well. I highly recommend USC.

1woodswoman

I live in far norther CA, so the closest CF Centers are in the Bay area. I first tried UCSF Adult Clinic, but it was not a good match for me, & they did not communicate w/my doctors at home. I switched to Cal Pacific Med. Ctr/Sutter Hosp., & they are much more community-oriented & communicated well w/my doctors at home. I've heard Stanford is good, but they are even further from me to get to.

1woodswoman

I live in far norther CA, so the closest CF Centers are in the Bay area. I first tried UCSF Adult Clinic, but it was not a good match for me, & they did not communicate w/my doctors at home. I switched to Cal Pacific Med. Ctr/Sutter Hosp., & they are much more community-oriented & communicated well w/my doctors at home. I've heard Stanford is good, but they are even further from me to get to.

viokitty

I also go to CPMC in San Francisco. I recently moved to Utah and went to the U of U hospital and it was a nightmare so I quickly returned to CPMC and will never go anywhere else. Although I have heard Stanford and UCSF are good as well. I have friends who go to both of them.

A

amalone

I was diagnosed at Children's in Oakland, great! As an adult moved back, went to UCSF and the doc was all about talking to me about comfort and palliative care as well as non-intrusive treatments...I am extremely healthy, just ran a half marathon and am preparing for a 200 mile bike ride starting Sunday. I was discouraged and insulted and never went back. He probably wasn't bad overall, I just got a very strange impression...and he wanted to "establish me as a patient" before doing pfts or anything like that. It was very expensive with my insurance and a waste of my time and heartspace.