your thoughts

scottguy

<P>My lung functions in the mid 40's, terrible nights of little sleep, long days at work, scared to death of missing work, been denied disability twice because I can't afford to not work...every day is a challenge, my spirit is starting to fade...what should I do?  </P>
<P> </P>

scottguy

<P>My lung functions in the mid 40's, terrible nights of little sleep, long days at work, scared to death of missing work, been denied disability twice because I can't afford to not work...every day is a challenge, my spirit is starting to fade...what should I do? </P>
<P></P>

scottguy

<P><BR>My lung functions in the mid 40's, terrible nights of little sleep, long days at work, scared to death of missing work, been denied disability twice because I can't afford to not work...every day is a challenge, my spirit is starting to fade...what should I do? </P>
<P></P>

Twistofchaos

<P>There's always going to be days and periods where it's hard. Especially when faced with setbacks in health, in dealing with people or having to achieve things and finding it hard.</P>
<P>Try to find something you do it for rather than just living.For me those are numerous hobbies and interests. Plan concerts or something to go to a couple months in advance so you can live forward to those each time. Work on something really of your own, write a book, make music, build something. </P>
<P>I find depression comes and goes and it's easy to get depressed with CF, however in a way I think that's even "healthy", some downtime and getting everything back in perspective, sometimes a cause for us to make changes for the better, and also I always get a little stronger from them it seems. Learning our lessons. </P>
<P>Do you mean you have to keep working for the bigger paycheck or that they keep denying disability? Sounds like something to fight for at this sort of turningpoint in your health. It's better to "live" than to see your health go and see it all go by. </P>
<P>Hope the hospital stay will be beneficial and that even though hard at the moment you might be able to use it to think it all through and see how you can turn life to the better besides health alone. </P>

Twistofchaos

<P>There's always going to be days and periods where it's hard. Especially when faced with setbacks in health, in dealing with people or having to achieve things and finding it hard.</P>
<P>Try to find something you do it for rather than just living.For me those arenumerous hobbies and interests. Plan concerts or something to go to a couple months in advance so you can live forward to those each time. Work on something really of your own, write a book, make music, build something. </P>
<P>I find depression comes and goes and it's easy to get depressed with CF, however in a way I think that's even "healthy", some downtime and getting everything back in perspective, sometimes a cause for us to make changes for the better, and also I always get a little stronger from them it seems. Learning our lessons. </P>
<P>Do you mean you have to keep working for the bigger paycheck or that they keep denying disability?Sounds like something to fight for at this sort ofturningpoint in your health. It's better to "live" than to see your health go and see it all go by. </P>
<P>Hope the hospital stay will be beneficial and that even though hard at the moment you might be able to use it to think it all through and see how you can turn life to the better besides health alone. </P>

Twistofchaos

<P>Try to find something you do it for rather than just living.<BR>For me those arenumerous hobbies and interests. Plan concerts or something to go to a couple months in advance so you can live forward to those each time. Work on something really of your own, write a book, make music, build something. </P>
<P>Do you mean you have to keep working for the bigger paycheck or that they keep denying disability?Sounds like something to fight for at this sort ofturningpoint in your health. It's better to "live" than to see your health go and see it all go by. </P>

regina65

Can you get help from family till you get your disability? My lung function is in the mid 40's too and there is no way I could work. Of course I am 46 too but still , you are a better person than me to keep at it. I also don't have the CFRD yet. I know that makes a big difference.

regina65

Can you get help from family till you get your disability? My lung function is in the mid 40's too and there is no way I could work. Of course I am 46 too but still , you are a better person than me to keep at it. I also don't have the CFRD yet. I know that makes a big difference.

regina65