Zyvox Acne Rash Advice

keefer11

I was reading in a forum awhile ago about someone mentioning that when they are put on Zyvox that they get a acne-type rash on their face/chest. I didn't respond at the time, but I should have. I was told that this is similar to a yeast infection on your face/chest & that the way to get rid of it is Selsun Blue. Random, right? It works wonders. Anytime I've been on Zyvox & begin to notice the acne-ish stuff forming on my face, I'll wet my face, put a thin layer of Selsun Blue on my face, leave it on for 2-10 minutes(depends on my mood) & then rinse it off. I do it every day until I'm off of Zyvox. It really helps get rid of it & prevents more from emerging on my face. It does dry out your skin, but I think its better than the weird acne that forms. Just thought this was something useful to know.

C

CFcyster2012

I'm so glad I saw this... I'm going to try it.... Im having the WORST break out ever on Zyvox and it makes me sooo self conscious :( Does anyone else have any remedies?

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Does the Selsun Blue burn or irritate the skin? This is happening to my daughter and I am going to try it.

semnle34

I had the same exact reaction to Zyvox however my rash was so severe on my entire face, neck and chest my doctor said I was allergic to it. It was the worst most itchy painful experience. I tried topical creams prescribed by my dermatologist and it never touched it. I hope the Selsum works and can put the rash into a reserved state. If not you may be allergic and should look at other options.

windex125

I posted about this med about a month ago it was my first time using it and asked if anyone on the site had used it as it made me so sick.. I did not get any responses. I felt like I had pneumonia, weak, chills, sweats, low grade fever, I gave it 5 days of use, I always think give it a chance maybe it side effects will pass. But when the vomiting started, I knew I had to stop it. We switched back to Bactrim which I've used on and off for more than 10 years. But my algeries were acting up as well, so went to ENT he scoped the nose said it was clear but there was a load of stuff down below. I added Clarin D- Nasanex - netti poddi 2 mts later I'm still blowing my nose 10-15x a day. Coughing 2-3 hrs. straight. I think I need IV's. As you you all with the rash, I've heard of using the selsum blue as a soap wash it really helped my friend.Good Luck Pat xxx