2 year old won't eat / drink

F

FalseDisposition

He's in the 8% for weight / height.... His cf doctor gave me some scandishakes for 2 weeks. He doesn't want to drink them. He did have a bit of his chicken and fry Banquet meal earlier. But he didn't want to drink... I'm so worried about him. He's been sleeping a LOT today.... He went to bed at 10 pm and finally woke up for the day at noon, ate a meal then went right back to sleep...It's 4:30 now... What should I do?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Usually when ds cut back on his eating at that age he was constipated or he had an ear infection. Once when we were on vacation in the mountains, he developed a low grade fever and didn't eat very much and then was fine the next day. Has he been playing outside in warmer weather? Could be he needs more salt and fluids... DS never did like the premade shakes, I always mixed up carnation instant breakfast with whole milk and cream instead.

aannddd

My son has always refused every premade shake supplement. I have found that he will drink whole milk mixed with 4 scoops of toddler formula. I buy enfamil enfagrow or the Target Up & Up generic kind. That is very high in fat and calories, he drinks 1-2 a day and it has always kept him at a healthy weight.