2 Yr. Old Not Eating

js7881

Ok, so I was hoping daughter Alayna wouldn't get to this point but she has not been eating very well lately. For some reason she doesn't want to eat anymore. Usually she would clear her plate and then want more. She's at this point where she barely eats half of her meal. I have read posts where children won't eat or they are being picky. She will eat what we give her but she barely eats. She goes to the doctor on June 6 and I am praying she hasn't lost weight.

Any suggesstions?????

js7881

Ok, so I was hoping daughter Alayna wouldn't get to this point but she has not been eating very well lately. For some reason she doesn't want to eat anymore. Usually she would clear her plate and then want more. She's at this point where she barely eats half of her meal. I have read posts where children won't eat or they are being picky. She will eat what we give her but she barely eats. She goes to the doctor on June 6 and I am praying she hasn't lost weight.

Any suggesstions?????

js7881

Any suggesstions?????

ViviansMom

Time is all it takes, in time she'll be back to eating everything that's not eating on her. At this age its not just CF kids that start to turn their noses up at their food. At this stage they are learning what foods they like the most.

But you might want to try asking her to help you prepare the meals give her a small chore like stirring or helping you pour they ingredients in something that's not major. This may make her more excited about eating because she helped.

I didn't believe that Vivian was ever going to eat right and start gaining from around 2 years old till 4 age weighed 38 lb. I would do everything I could think of to get her to eat I kept the local McD's in business, I have 2 30 gallon totes full of unopened happy meal toys.

Good luck and keep us posted on how the doctors visit goes
Carol

ViviansMom

Time is all it takes, in time she'll be back to eating everything that's not eating on her. At this age its not just CF kids that start to turn their noses up at their food. At this stage they are learning what foods they like the most.

But you might want to try asking her to help you prepare the meals give her a small chore like stirring or helping you pour they ingredients in something that's not major. This may make her more excited about eating because she helped.

I didn't believe that Vivian was ever going to eat right and start gaining from around 2 years old till 4 age weighed 38 lb. I would do everything I could think of to get her to eat I kept the local McD's in business, I have 2 30 gallon totes full of unopened happy meal toys.

Carol

ViviansMom

Carol