21,confused,mad

joenida

i'm a 21 yaer old patient with cf. i was diagnosed with cf at 14. i'm currently a wresling coach at a local middle school. i smoke marijuana and drink heavily. despite the initial health risks, the alcohol and thc help me deal with my depression. i've never been open with my cf and once diagnosed submitted myself to a downward spiral of "risky behavior" and allowed myself to get depressed. is there anyone out there who is in a similar position? is it normal to for this? i have a problem with opening up and dealign with my problems, thats why i'm using the internet as my medium. i'm new to this website, but i think it may be may gateway to healthier living. if anyone has advice, please respond.

joenida

i'm a 21 yaer old patient with cf. i was diagnosed with cf at 14. i'm currently a wresling coach at a local middle school. i smoke marijuana and drink heavily. despite the initial health risks, the alcohol and thc help me deal with my depression. i've never been open with my cf and once diagnosed submitted myself to a downward spiral of "risky behavior" and allowed myself to get depressed. is there anyone out there who is in a similar position? is it normal to for this? i have a problem with opening up and dealign with my problems, thats why i'm using the internet as my medium. i'm new to this website, but i think it may be may gateway to healthier living. if anyone has advice, please respond.

joenida

joenida

joenida

lilywing

Alcohol is really good for being in denial. It let's you pretend the problem isn't there. CF depresses the hell out of me, and I don't know how to stop drinking. I don't really want to "cope" with CF, at least not sober!
I know marijuana probably isn't so good either, but it sure helps you to gain weight, and oh the sleep!!
So, I have no advice. I can only say that not everyone deals with CF in a healthy, pro-active, positive, compliant manner. Depression can be overwhelming and seemingly endless. I wish I had the answer, for you and for me!
Take care

lilywing

Alcohol is really good for being in denial. It let's you pretend the problem isn't there. CF depresses the hell out of me, and I don't know how to stop drinking. I don't really want to "cope" with CF, at least not sober!
I know marijuana probably isn't so good either, but it sure helps you to gain weight, and oh the sleep!!
So, I have no advice. I can only say that not everyone deals with CF in a healthy, pro-active, positive, compliant manner. Depression can be overwhelming and seemingly endless. I wish I had the answer, for you and for me!
Take care

lilywing

Take care

lilywing

Take care

lilywing

<br />I know marijuana probably isn't so good either, but it sure helps you to gain weight, and oh the sleep!!
<br />So, I have no advice. I can only say that not everyone deals with CF in a healthy, pro-active, positive, compliant manner. Depression can be overwhelming and seemingly endless. I wish I had the answer, for you and for me!
<br />Take care
<br />

lilywing

Take care

lilywing

Take care

lilywing

Take care

lilywing

Take care

lilywing

<br />I know marijuana probably isn't so good either, but it sure helps you to gain weight, and oh the sleep!!
<br />So, I have no advice. I can only say that not everyone deals with CF in a healthy, pro-active, positive, compliant manner. Depression can be overwhelming and seemingly endless. I wish I had the answer, for you and for me!
<br />Take care
<br />

Diane

My best advice to you is get yourself onto a better path. Smoking anything while having cf is slow suicide in my opinion. Drinking can be drying to the lung secretions and will just make things worse in the long run. I know you said you have trouble talking about things, but you did very well on here and i am hoping you will have this same talk with your Dr.
He/she can prescribe something to help you with your depression and help you get onto a healthier path so you can preserve the good health you have now. The name of the game with cf is to preserve and prevent the lungs from future damage.

Diane

My best advice to you is get yourself onto a better path. Smoking anything while having cf is slow suicide in my opinion. Drinking can be drying to the lung secretions and will just make things worse in the long run. I know you said you have trouble talking about things, but you did very well on here and i am hoping you will have this same talk with your Dr.
He/she can prescribe something to help you with your depression and help you get onto a healthier path so you can preserve the good health you have now. The name of the game with cf is to preserve and prevent the lungs from future damage.

Diane

Diane

Diane

<br /> He/she can prescribe something to help you with your depression and help you get onto a healthier path so you can preserve the good health you have now. The name of the game with cf is to preserve and prevent the lungs from future damage.