LouLou

breast pumps - any risks?

I don't have any specific cf info on this subject. Just wanted to chime in that I've also heard this is a big no, no. It seems to be on the top three list of things not to do: 1) used carseats 2) used cribs 3) used breastpumps.

Do you know how your friend's pump works? If the milk passes through other parts than tubing than there might be issue, if not, I don't see how any harm can be done.

LouLou

I don't have any specific cf info on this subject. Just wanted to chime in that I've also heard this is a big no, no. It seems to be on the top three list of things not to do: 1) used carseats 2) used cribs 3) used breastpumps.

Do you know how your friend's pump works? If the milk passes through other parts than tubing than there might be issue, if not, I don't see how any harm can be done.

LouLou

MamatoAlexa

I know a few people that have borrowed breast pumps, just got new horns and tubing. The horns go on your breast; milk goes through them and into a bottle. It is a personal decision to borrow. I bought a new Medla Pump In Style; it was around $200 at Babies R Us. I pumped for three months until my daughter really got the hang of breastfeeding. As long as baby does not have major breastfeeding issues and you only need to pump once in a while, I do not think you will need a top of the line hospital grade pump.
Also, check you health insurance coverage, some cover breast pumps with a Dr note/RX.

MamatoAlexa

I know a few people that have borrowed breast pumps, just got new horns and tubing. The horns go on your breast; milk goes through them and into a bottle. It is a personal decision to borrow. I bought a new Medla Pump In Style; it was around $200 at Babies R Us. I pumped for three months until my daughter really got the hang of breastfeeding. As long as baby does not have major breastfeeding issues and you only need to pump once in a while, I do not think you will need a top of the line hospital grade pump.
Also, check you health insurance coverage, some cover breast pumps with a Dr note/RX.

MamatoAlexa