5 year old sick, with cf

my 4 year old daughter (who will be 5 in june, with cf) is sick. she's had a cough for about 4 days. i've done everything the clinic has told me (increase her vest and nebby and give her inhaler) her brother who is 1 (without cf) had a real bad cold for about a week, (he's over it now) and i figured she just caught it from him. so i thought with the extra treatments she would get rid of it with no worries. tonight, she has been up 5 times, vomiting. she's a trooper. she's 4 so of course she's a little scared and crying with every bathroom run... should i have anything extra to worry about?? of course, tomorrow i am going to call the clinic but could this just be a regular stomach bug? this has never happened to her and i'm scared. i feel like all i can do is comfort her and she's seen me sick a few times and i keep reminding her of when mama was sick and had to throw up and keep telling her it's nothing to be afraid of, everybody gets sick... etc.. but do i have anything to worry about. bad cough WITH vomiting? does this mean something more?

my 4 year old daughter (who will be 5 in june, with cf) is sick. she's had a cough for about 4 days. i've done everything the clinic has told me (increase her vest and nebby and give her inhaler) her brother who is 1 (without cf) had a real bad cold for about a week, (he's over it now) and i figured she just caught it from him. so i thought with the extra treatments she would get rid of it with no worries. tonight, she has been up 5 times, vomiting. she's a trooper. she's 4 so of course she's a little scared and crying with every bathroom run... should i have anything extra to worry about?? of course, tomorrow i am going to call the clinic but could this just be a regular stomach bug? this has never happened to her and i'm scared. i feel like all i can do is comfort her and she's seen me sick a few times and i keep reminding her of when mama was sick and had to throw up and keep telling her it's nothing to be afraid of, everybody gets sick... etc.. but do i have anything to worry about. bad cough WITH vomiting? does this mean something more?

B

bethylove

You might want to try reposting this in the Adults section, you might get more responses. But definitely call Clinic because with CF sometimes a cold will turn into a lung infection if not controlled right away. But colds do happen, and there is only so much you can do to prevent them. I know when I have a cold I tend to cough so much that it triggers vomiting. But if she is just vomiting it might be a combo of the cold like symptoms and some type of stomach bug. Try not to worry to much, you're doing the right thing by calling the docs and seeing what they have to say. =)

B

bethylove

You might want to try reposting this in the Adults section, you might get more responses. But definitely call Clinic because with CF sometimes a cold will turn into a lung infection if not controlled right away. But colds do happen, and there is only so much you can do to prevent them. I know when I have a cold I tend to cough so much that it triggers vomiting. But if she is just vomiting it might be a combo of the cold like symptoms and some type of stomach bug. Try not to worry to much, you're doing the right thing by calling the docs and seeing what they have to say. =)

B

bethylove

B

bethylove

B

bethylove