A story of love and support

Foody

We just got back from my BIL wedding. It was awesome and we had a great time. DD was flower girl, got to visit with many family member we haven't seen for years.

Most of our extended family had not met our son in person yet. They all knew about his very difficult first year and his diagnosis. Everyone was very careful and tender about their questions. They all made it easy to talk about and many told us how they say a prayer every night for him.

Well, a while ago my daughter wrote a few little books to raise money for her brother. We mostly told family and friends and just helped her go through the whole process so she could see how it felt to take her idea to fruition. My BIL and SIL wanted to give the books away as the favors and make a donation to the CFF instead of spending money on stupid favors people would pitch.

I said sure and totally forgot about it until we sit down at the reception. There in front of me is this beautiful card stating that in order to thank and honor everyone for coming they were making a donation and offering a book for everyone to take home. I suddenly realized that over 200 people were now focusing on us and our son having CF!!!! I lost it and had to escape to the bathroom. I mean I really lost it. I'm trying to save the make-up as the tears just took over. My other SIL was right in front of me so she was the only one who saw me beside my husband. She was so kind and just let me cry it out a bit. I just didn't want anyone to see me and then feel bad in any way about what so obviously came from their hearts.

So I collected myself and was fine after that but wow I was surprised. My hubby and I were overwhelmed by the generousity and willingness of our whole family and new extended family to support us. It was just an amazing gesture and one we will never forget. Here comes another tear....

I just wanted to spread the support we felt to all of you since we are in this together. May the donation they made and any future books we sell benefit and enrich your lives in some way!

From our family to yours...

Foody

We just got back from my BIL wedding. It was awesome and we had a great time. DD was flower girl, got to visit with many family member we haven't seen for years.

Most of our extended family had not met our son in person yet. They all knew about his very difficult first year and his diagnosis. Everyone was very careful and tender about their questions. They all made it easy to talk about and many told us how they say a prayer every night for him.

Well, a while ago my daughter wrote a few little books to raise money for her brother. We mostly told family and friends and just helped her go through the whole process so she could see how it felt to take her idea to fruition. My BIL and SIL wanted to give the books away as the favors and make a donation to the CFF instead of spending money on stupid favors people would pitch.

I said sure and totally forgot about it until we sit down at the reception. There in front of me is this beautiful card stating that in order to thank and honor everyone for coming they were making a donation and offering a book for everyone to take home. I suddenly realized that over 200 people were now focusing on us and our son having CF!!!! I lost it and had to escape to the bathroom. I mean I really lost it. I'm trying to save the make-up as the tears just took over. My other SIL was right in front of me so she was the only one who saw me beside my husband. She was so kind and just let me cry it out a bit. I just didn't want anyone to see me and then feel bad in any way about what so obviously came from their hearts.

So I collected myself and was fine after that but wow I was surprised. My hubby and I were overwhelmed by the generousity and willingness of our whole family and new extended family to support us. It was just an amazing gesture and one we will never forget. Here comes another tear....

I just wanted to spread the support we felt to all of you since we are in this together. May the donation they made and any future books we sell benefit and enrich your lives in some way!

Foody

Foody

Foody

Imogene

Administrator
Jody: Such a beautiful story...! Sounds like such a great idea for a wedding favor, so meaningful and personal! Jeanne

Imogene

Administrator
Jody: Such a beautiful story...! Sounds like such a great idea for a wedding favor, so meaningful and personal! Jeanne

Imogene

Administrator

Imogene

Administrator

Imogene

Administrator

GriffinsMama

Wow, I would've cried too. That's so great that your daughter wrote a book to help out! How sweet! What a wonderful family you have. Thanks for the nice news.

GriffinsMama

Wow, I would've cried too. That's so great that your daughter wrote a book to help out! How sweet! What a wonderful family you have. Thanks for the nice news.

GriffinsMama

GriffinsMama

GriffinsMama