adults who have cfrd, take insulin and have gastroparesis

melx

wondering if anyone in the cfrd community who takes insulin also has delayed gastric dumping (gastroparesis).
I've been having bg lows 1 to 1.5 hours after taking insulin & eating and have severe distention (especially after dinner). so i treat for the low and a few hours later the bg is up way too high. i think the stomach is not getting the food to the intestines quick enough to get absorbed into the blood stream and the insulin starts acting... resulting in a bg low. anyone else experience this??

melx

wondering if anyone in the cfrd community who takes insulin also has delayed gastric dumping (gastroparesis).
I've been having bg lows 1 to 1.5 hours after taking insulin & eating and have severe distention (especially after dinner). so i treat for the low and a few hours later the bg is up way too high. i think the stomach is not getting the food to the intestines quick enough to get absorbed into the blood stream and the insulin starts acting... resulting in a bg low. anyone else experience this??

melx

melx

melx

<br />I've been having bg lows 1 to 1.5 hours after taking insulin & eating and have severe distention (especially after dinner). so i treat for the low and a few hours later the bg is up way too high. i think the stomach is not getting the food to the intestines quick enough to get absorbed into the blood stream and the insulin starts acting... resulting in a bg low. anyone else experience this??