Alpha Lipoic Acid

imthamouth

I'm 26 with CF, and I've always had pretty good health, considering. About a year and a half ago I started seriously working out, and tinkering with all kinds of supplements. For the most part I'm just seeing benefits, but I'm wondering about this ALA. I'd like to take it as an antioxidant anyway, but I've read a few articles saying that if you take it post workout with your creatine, it can serve a similar purpose as the ridiculous amounts of sugar a lot of people suggest. I like this idea. I've tried it in that capacity twice, and found tiny amounts of blood in my sputum both times. I feel like this could be coincidence, as I've taken it every morning anyways with no problems.

Also worth mentioning, the "fits" only last about 30 minutes, after which the sputum goes back to whatever neat color it was before. I've read some research that claimed ALA might actually be beneficial to the lung function of a person with CF.

Any insights? Google is staggeringly unhelpful with anything beyond basic CF issues.

imthamouth

I'm 26 with CF, and I've always had pretty good health, considering. About a year and a half ago I started seriously working out, and tinkering with all kinds of supplements. For the most part I'm just seeing benefits, but I'm wondering about this ALA. I'd like to take it as an antioxidant anyway, but I've read a few articles saying that if you take it post workout with your creatine, it can serve a similar purpose as the ridiculous amounts of sugar a lot of people suggest. I like this idea. I've tried it in that capacity twice, and found tiny amounts of blood in my sputum both times. I feel like this could be coincidence, as I've taken it every morning anyways with no problems.

Also worth mentioning, the "fits" only last about 30 minutes, after which the sputum goes back to whatever neat color it was before. I've read some research that claimed ALA might actually be beneficial to the lung function of a person with CF.

Any insights? Google is staggeringly unhelpful with anything beyond basic CF issues.

imthamouth

<br />
<br />Also worth mentioning, the "fits" only last about 30 minutes, after which the sputum goes back to whatever neat color it was before. I've read some research that claimed ALA might actually be beneficial to the lung function of a person with CF.
<br />
<br />Any insights? Google is staggeringly unhelpful with anything beyond basic CF issues.