Am I healthy?

ejv19

heello my name is ericc, i'm 15. i'm currently 5'8 and 126 pounds, but i don't seem to be getting positive reinforcement from my doctors, or that's how i feel. My PFT's are always high 90's but i know i can do better. I play OYSL (ONTARIO YOUTH SOCCER LEAGUE) soccer and have no problems keeping up with my teams mates. I'm actually an exceptional runner running 800m in 2:18. i just want to know how healthy i actually am.

ejv19

heello my name is ericc, i'm 15. i'm currently 5'8 and 126 pounds, but i don't seem to be getting positive reinforcement from my doctors, or that's how i feel. My PFT's are always high 90's but i know i can do better. I play OYSL (ONTARIO YOUTH SOCCER LEAGUE) soccer and have no problems keeping up with my teams mates. I'm actually an exceptional runner running 800m in 2:18. i just want to know how healthy i actually am.

ejv19

ejv19

ejv19

<br />
<br />

upfrom31

Your doing great buddy. Keep on playing them sports, from my experiences it all goes down hill once you stop. I'm 19 now, and i used to play every sport i could in highschool and i had pretty good PFT's until i started slackin off around my senior year, and now i dont really have any sports in college. As of now, i blew a 65 PFT just yesterday. It's been pretty depressing seeing my numbers jump around having a steady trend downward. I've been trying to work out and run more, and that has really been the only thing that keeps me feeling good. The treatments just don't do it for me as much. If i have any good advice for you at all... I suggest you keep on playing soccer. That is the best thing you can do!

upfrom31

Your doing great buddy. Keep on playing them sports, from my experiences it all goes down hill once you stop. I'm 19 now, and i used to play every sport i could in highschool and i had pretty good PFT's until i started slackin off around my senior year, and now i dont really have any sports in college. As of now, i blew a 65 PFT just yesterday. It's been pretty depressing seeing my numbers jump around having a steady trend downward. I've been trying to work out and run more, and that has really been the only thing that keeps me feeling good. The treatments just don't do it for me as much. If i have any good advice for you at all... I suggest you keep on playing soccer. That is the best thing you can do!

upfrom31

upfrom31

upfrom31

ejv19

thanks, i've never really known what healthy actually was, cause i've never talked to any body else with CF, because they keep us away from each other so we don't spread germs, but i'm happy i've found this site so i can finally talk to people who have CF.

i was wondering if you've ever done the nebulizer?

ejv19

thanks, i've never really known what healthy actually was, cause i've never talked to any body else with CF, because they keep us away from each other so we don't spread germs, but i'm happy i've found this site so i can finally talk to people who have CF.

ejv19

ejv19

ejv19

<br />
<br />i was wondering if you've ever done the nebulizer?

letsrockcfem

Hey Ericc you sound like you're doing really well! Keeping active and playing soccer is probably one of the best things for you, aside from all of your daily CF meds of course haha. If you keep up with those and get in your exercise you are definitely on the right track. You're pretty speedy too, dang!

Keep on running and playing soccer. Do what makes you happy and have fun!
Rock CF,
EM

letsrockcfem

Hey Ericc you sound like you're doing really well! Keeping active and playing soccer is probably one of the best things for you, aside from all of your daily CF meds of course haha. If you keep up with those and get in your exercise you are definitely on the right track. You're pretty speedy too, dang!

Rock CF,
EM

letsrockcfem

Rock CF,
EM

letsrockcfem

Rock CF,
EM

letsrockcfem

<br />
<br />Keep on running and playing soccer. Do what makes you happy and have fun!
<br />Rock CF,
<br />EM