And now for something different

jgan

Hi there, it's John again. Even though I am an adult I probably relate better in this section (because I see so many kids as a psychologist) I saw so many great answers for such sad thoughts in other questions and felt maybe it was time for a section of postings as to how cf has made you more complete as a person. I think cf makes you more aware of life than almost anybody else could understand. (unless you have cf) So here is my thought... What have you learned from having cf that no one else would ever get? Anything great that we should all know about? Come on! Post it! John

jgan

Hi there, it's John again. Even though I am an adult I probably relate better in this section (because I see so many kids as a psychologist) I saw so many great answers for such sad thoughts in other questions and felt maybe it was time for a section of postings as to how cf has made you more complete as a person. I think cf makes you more aware of life than almost anybody else could understand. (unless you have cf) So here is my thought... What have you learned from having cf that no one else would ever get? Anything great that we should all know about? Come on! Post it! John

jgan

cfboy

how can we know if we have cf. who is to say we wouldnt have the same thoughts if we lived without cf. so thats a weird question.

cfboy

how can we know if we have cf. who is to say we wouldnt have the same thoughts if we lived without cf. so thats a weird question.

cfboy

lauren

I think you learn who your true friends are, they are the ones who don't just visit the first few times you're sick, but the ones who are their for you in the long run.
Plus, I'm a lot more aware of those people in need and helpful (because I've been sick) than my friends who don't really care that much.

This disease does come with some benefits for me, although at a great cost!

lauren

I think you learn who your true friends are, they are the ones who don't just visit the first few times you're sick, but the ones who are their for you in the long run.
Plus, I'm a lot more aware of those people in need and helpful (because I've been sick) than my friends who don't really care that much.

lauren

M

MCGrad2006

That is a very good question. I have thought about that before, like they keep talking about cures and all that great stuff. It would be amazing to have a cure for this disease, but its wierd to think about NOT having CF. Not that I have let CF get to me, but what would I do if they did find a cure. This disease has been a part of my life for so long, its all I know. So in answer to your question, I think that CF has given me a better view on the struggles that life brings to people. My family has been through some rough times, but I think that when my family sees me persevering and living with this disease, it gives them confidence and faith. I like to be looked at as a role model for others, that even though I have this disease, I can still pull through and make a good life for myself. I feel like CFers have to deal with so much in our young lives, and that gives us an opportunity to live life to the fullest when we feel up to it. I feel like we are more positive than some others. We know how fragile life can be, so we do what we can to make the best of that. We also know that life cant be taken for granted. Struggles can be overcome, and I think that is one of the best things I have learned. We are such a strong group of people (not that people with other diseases are not this way), but CF is a tough thing to overcome. I have also learned to just do things to make myself feel better. Its not like I want sympathy, I just do what I have to do to make myself feel good. Yes it feels good to be admired for what I go through day in and day out, but I feel as though, im just doing this because I have to and that anyone else would do the same thing. We were 'given' this disease because we are strong people and we can overcome it.

M

MCGrad2006

That is a very good question. I have thought about that before, like they keep talking about cures and all that great stuff. It would be amazing to have a cure for this disease, but its wierd to think about NOT having CF. Not that I have let CF get to me, but what would I do if they did find a cure. This disease has been a part of my life for so long, its all I know. So in answer to your question, I think that CF has given me a better view on the struggles that life brings to people. My family has been through some rough times, but I think that when my family sees me persevering and living with this disease, it gives them confidence and faith. I like to be looked at as a role model for others, that even though I have this disease, I can still pull through and make a good life for myself. I feel like CFers have to deal with so much in our young lives, and that gives us an opportunity to live life to the fullest when we feel up to it. I feel like we are more positive than some others. We know how fragile life can be, so we do what we can to make the best of that. We also know that life cant be taken for granted. Struggles can be overcome, and I think that is one of the best things I have learned. We are such a strong group of people (not that people with other diseases are not this way), but CF is a tough thing to overcome. I have also learned to just do things to make myself feel better. Its not like I want sympathy, I just do what I have to do to make myself feel good. Yes it feels good to be admired for what I go through day in and day out, but I feel as though, im just doing this because I have to and that anyone else would do the same thing. We were 'given' this disease because we are strong people and we can overcome it.

M

MCGrad2006