another gtube question

jbrandonAW

How tight to the skin is your button? Mine is really tight to the skin, it actually indents my tummy and when I rotate it there is impressions left from the button resting on it. It wasn't like this a week ago, but I think with the wait I've put on its getting tighter.

Its actually a little painful. I'm afriad I am going to out grown this before its time to place the other button...

jbrandonAW

How tight to the skin is your button? Mine is really tight to the skin, it actually indents my tummy and when I rotate it there is impressions left from the button resting on it. It wasn't like this a week ago, but I think with the wait I've put on its getting tighter.

Its actually a little painful. I'm afriad I am going to out grown this before its time to place the other button...

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

<br />
<br />Its actually a little painful. I'm afriad I am going to out grown this before its time to place the other button...

jonflath

If you have a mic-key button they say you should be able to put a dime or soda tab underneath the part where you fill the balloon. I have kind of had the opposite problem where mine was too long after surgery. After a large meal and if I am standing it sticks out rather far. I have some gauze drainage cloth things, not sure what to call them, that I will put undermine before I go to bed to catch any sort of leakage to help my skin. I don't know if putting something underneath it like that would help, given that the tugging might both the inner stomach lining. It's probably worth calling the doc or even the nurse just to ask if there is anything they recommend. The mic-key button is replaced every month in infants, for adults I was told mine would be replaced every 3 months. It take 4-6 weeks for the stoma to completely heal, so if it is a problem they could probably replace it then.

jonflath

If you have a mic-key button they say you should be able to put a dime or soda tab underneath the part where you fill the balloon. I have kind of had the opposite problem where mine was too long after surgery. After a large meal and if I am standing it sticks out rather far. I have some gauze drainage cloth things, not sure what to call them, that I will put undermine before I go to bed to catch any sort of leakage to help my skin. I don't know if putting something underneath it like that would help, given that the tugging might both the inner stomach lining. It's probably worth calling the doc or even the nurse just to ask if there is anything they recommend. The mic-key button is replaced every month in infants, for adults I was told mine would be replaced every 3 months. It take 4-6 weeks for the stoma to completely heal, so if it is a problem they could probably replace it then.

jonflath

jonflath

jonflath

soderick

My peg started out pretty tight. During my follow-up appointment, the doctor loosened it a bit. It still fit tightly, but after a week, the swelling went down and it was more comfortable. After the peg was replaced with a Mickey button, I had more trouble. The Mickey was a bit tight to begin with, and the weight gain made it worse. It was very annoying. I was always aware of the tube because of the constant, mild pain. When it came time to replace it, I got the next size up, and it was an enormous relief. Now, when my stomach is very full, it sticks out a bit, but it's MUCH better than the pain of a tube that's too tight.

Bring it up with your doctor, for sure! Say that you'd be more comfortable if it were looser. The pegs just loosen easily If you have the button (sorry, I don't recall what you have), ask for the next size up. I went from a 1.7 cm to a 2.3 cm, and it was just the right amount of increase.

soderick

My peg started out pretty tight. During my follow-up appointment, the doctor loosened it a bit. It still fit tightly, but after a week, the swelling went down and it was more comfortable. After the peg was replaced with a Mickey button, I had more trouble. The Mickey was a bit tight to begin with, and the weight gain made it worse. It was very annoying. I was always aware of the tube because of the constant, mild pain. When it came time to replace it, I got the next size up, and it was an enormous relief. Now, when my stomach is very full, it sticks out a bit, but it's MUCH better than the pain of a tube that's too tight.

Bring it up with your doctor, for sure! Say that you'd be more comfortable if it were looser. The pegs just loosen easily If you have the button (sorry, I don't recall what you have), ask for the next size up. I went from a 1.7 cm to a 2.3 cm, and it was just the right amount of increase.

soderick

soderick

soderick

<br />
<br />Bring it up with your doctor, for sure! Say that you'd be more comfortable if it were looser. The pegs just loosen easily If you have the button (sorry, I don't recall what you have), ask for the next size up. I went from a 1.7 cm to a 2.3 cm, and it was just the right amount of increase.

jbrandonAW

My surgeon mad it seem like that I would have to go into surgery again if I needed a bigger size.

It REALLY hurts. And as of last night I was 113 lbs...thats basically 10lbs in ONE WEEK since my surgery. I still have 10 more to go and I don't know that this little button can take 10 more lbs (unless it goes to other part of my body which would be prefered!)

jbrandonAW

My surgeon mad it seem like that I would have to go into surgery again if I needed a bigger size.

It REALLY hurts. And as of last night I was 113 lbs...thats basically 10lbs in ONE WEEK since my surgery. I still have 10 more to go and I don't know that this little button can take 10 more lbs (unless it goes to other part of my body which would be prefered!)

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

<br />
<br />It REALLY hurts. And as of last night I was 113 lbs...thats basically 10lbs in ONE WEEK since my surgery. I still have 10 more to go and I don't know that this little button can take 10 more lbs (unless it goes to other part of my body which would be prefered!)