any one use a smart vest

mikos25

hi every one i have a 3 year old son and i got the smart vest for hem but know he will not do his vest because he his crying and screaming that his tummy sor and we got the vest 6 months ago and i thought the vest was not fitting right so i got hem a bigger size could i be doing some thing wrong or could it be the vest it self i dont know if i should get hem a hill rom vest to i could run in to the same thing that im having with the smart vest but i know he needs to do cps but in the long run i wont what is best for hem
any help will be great thanks
mom of 3 boys / my 3 year ond is the one that hase cf df508 / the other bous do not have it but have the gean for it

mikos25

hi every one i have a 3 year old son and i got the smart vest for hem but know he will not do his vest because he his crying and screaming that his tummy sor and we got the vest 6 months ago and i thought the vest was not fitting right so i got hem a bigger size could i be doing some thing wrong or could it be the vest it self i dont know if i should get hem a hill rom vest to i could run in to the same thing that im having with the smart vest but i know he needs to do cps but in the long run i wont what is best for hem
any help will be great thanks
mom of 3 boys / my 3 year ond is the one that hase cf df508 / the other bous do not have it but have the gean for it

calebf

I love the Smart Vest. I've tried 2 others (wish I could remember their names, the one I had from 6 to 20 yrs old was the old style with the black pedal you had to sit on to make it go). The Smart Vest is definitely my favorite. See what other sizes they have. If it's hurting his stomach I know with mine that's usually when the vest falls too low and is actually percussing on my stomach. Adjusting the shoulder straps or using a smaller vest may help. I know I had to go from a large to a mediu when I first got my machine. Other things to look for may be what position he's in when using the vest (laying down, standing up, sitting, etc). Different pressures and frequencies may be easier on his stomach than others too. Even if the treatment he's getting isn't the absolute best, doing something is better than nothing.

If he's just not having the vest then I've always found manual PT typically works better than any vest.

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
We have the SmartVest and the metal bracket by the hose will push into our 3 year old son and hurt. We will put a towel under that section. Also, make sure when you put it on it is fitting loosely--you don't want it snug before it inflates. Did the rep come out the first time and help? Our did and then they also check it 1x per year at our CF center.