Any sibling CFers

D1G1L1O

I am 18 and my litle brother is 15, My brothers CF is worse then mine and he takes care of himself and i dont so sometimes that just makes me mad like i wanna switch places. Anyone in the same spot as me?

D1G1L1O

I am 18 and my litle brother is 15, My brothers CF is worse then mine and he takes care of himself and i dont so sometimes that just makes me mad like i wanna switch places. Anyone in the same spot as me?

D1G1L1O

D1G1L1O

D1G1L1O

B

bethylove

Hi,
I'm 20 and my sister is 22. we both have CF. Her lungs are worse than mine, but my digestive system is worse than hers. So there are definitely days I have wanted to trade, and days where I felt I was lucky for what I got dealt. It's never too late to start taking care of yourself too you know. Feel free to PM me if you wanna talk more.

B

bethylove

Hi,
I'm 20 and my sister is 22. we both have CF. Her lungs are worse than mine, but my digestive system is worse than hers. So there are definitely days I have wanted to trade, and days where I felt I was lucky for what I got dealt. It's never too late to start taking care of yourself too you know. Feel free to PM me if you wanna talk more.

B

bethylove

Hi,

B

bethylove

Hi,

B

bethylove

Hi,
<br />I'm 20 and my sister is 22. we both have CF. Her lungs are worse than mine, but my digestive system is worse than hers. So there are definitely days I have wanted to trade, and days where I felt I was lucky for what I got dealt. It's never too late to start taking care of yourself too you know. Feel free to PM me if you wanna talk more.

Lance2020x

Hey, I know what you mean, I'm 23 and my brother is 28. Just like Beth, my brother has lots of lung problems and I have lots of digestion problems, however I seem to take a lot better care of myself than my brother does, so that may have something to do with it.

It's strange, but we actually DID NOT get along growing up, we both dealt (emotionally AND physically) with our disease in drastically different ways, and it wasn't until I was about 18 that we talked for the first time about CF and how it effected us emotionally. Crazy right? After that we became best friends, and have been so ever since. But it bothers me when I see him do things like skip his treatments or not do them efficiently and not take very good care of himself. For your brothers sake, take care of yourself, it's got to be really painful for him to struggle for his breath, but watch you have healthier lungs yet not take care of them! Like having CF but seeing someone else who smokes... If only for HIS sake, take care of yourself!

Lance2020x

Hey, I know what you mean, I'm 23 and my brother is 28. Just like Beth, my brother has lots of lung problems and I have lots of digestion problems, however I seem to take a lot better care of myself than my brother does, so that may have something to do with it.

It's strange, but we actually DID NOT get along growing up, we both dealt (emotionally AND physically) with our disease in drastically different ways, and it wasn't until I was about 18 that we talked for the first time about CF and how it effected us emotionally. Crazy right? After that we became best friends, and have been so ever since. But it bothers me when I see him do things like skip his treatments or not do them efficiently and not take very good care of himself. For your brothers sake, take care of yourself, it's got to be really painful for him to struggle for his breath, but watch you have healthier lungs yet not take care of them! Like having CF but seeing someone else who smokes... If only for HIS sake, take care of yourself!

Lance2020x

Lance2020x

Lance2020x

<br />
<br />It's strange, but we actually DID NOT get along growing up, we both dealt (emotionally AND physically) with our disease in drastically different ways, and it wasn't until I was about 18 that we talked for the first time about CF and how it effected us emotionally. Crazy right? After that we became best friends, and have been so ever since. But it bothers me when I see him do things like skip his treatments or not do them efficiently and not take very good care of himself. For your brothers sake, take care of yourself, it's got to be really painful for him to struggle for his breath, but watch you have healthier lungs yet not take care of them! Like having CF but seeing someone else who smokes... If only for HIS sake, take care of yourself!

S

sasha

Wow, you seriously could not have described my situation more perfectly. Only I'm the 15 year old sister, my brother is 13. I do try to take care of myself as much as possible, but he has a lot more problems than I do. His cf affects his sinuses more (he's had sinus surgery already.) And he's had a g-tube, which he's had the worst time with. It ripped out a few weeks ago, and since it causes him pain, he refused to let it be put back in. Now he has to get surgery again, UNLESS he can gain weight without it. Which he's already tried, and not done well. It's not his fault, he actually cannot gain weight, even with tons of food. So, i know he's gonna get it back, even though he doesn't want it.
I have no trouble gaining weight, on the other hand. I don't need sinus surgery yet. But our lungs are both doing pretty well, for now. See, we were both diagnosed 11 months ago, and my brother was only diagnosed because I was, and I was the one in the hospital. He wasn't sick at all. But after his diagnosis, in the past 11 months he's been hospitalized twice. I feel bad for him, because he does take care of himself, and so do I, it just doesn't work out for him as much. We're trying to fix that.

S

sasha

Wow, you seriously could not have described my situation more perfectly. Only I'm the 15 year old sister, my brother is 13. I do try to take care of myself as much as possible, but he has a lot more problems than I do. His cf affects his sinuses more (he's had sinus surgery already.) And he's had a g-tube, which he's had the worst time with. It ripped out a few weeks ago, and since it causes him pain, he refused to let it be put back in. Now he has to get surgery again, UNLESS he can gain weight without it. Which he's already tried, and not done well. It's not his fault, he actually cannot gain weight, even with tons of food. So, i know he's gonna get it back, even though he doesn't want it.
I have no trouble gaining weight, on the other hand. I don't need sinus surgery yet. But our lungs are both doing pretty well, for now. See, we were both diagnosed 11 months ago, and my brother was only diagnosed because I was, and I was the one in the hospital. He wasn't sick at all. But after his diagnosis, in the past 11 months he's been hospitalized twice. I feel bad for him, because he does take care of himself, and so do I, it just doesn't work out for him as much. We're trying to fix that.

S

sasha

S

sasha

S

sasha

<br />I have no trouble gaining weight, on the other hand. I don't need sinus surgery yet. But our lungs are both doing pretty well, for now. See, we were both diagnosed 11 months ago, and my brother was only diagnosed because I was, and I was the one in the hospital. He wasn't sick at all. But after his diagnosis, in the past 11 months he's been hospitalized twice. I feel bad for him, because he does take care of himself, and so do I, it just doesn't work out for him as much. We're trying to fix that.